What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Repotting

'ello.
this year the early spring hit me by suprise. i haven't been able to make time and repot everyone who needed it until this week. i finally worked my way around to the front yard to see a few of the S. flava are sending up flower buds already. so when is considered to late to repot sarracenia? i don't want to screw up their growth and flowering but they are in need of bigger pots for sure. thanks for the advise.
-julie

Julie,

I see you're also here in the Northwest. We have been having bizarre weather and things are growing way ahead of schedule. You should be fine if you're simply lifting the plants from one pot and placing in a bigger one. You may be pushing it a bit to divide any at this point. They'd still probably be fine but no sense pushing it. I pretty much repot year-round here in Portland but tend to divide around February 1st each year.

Hope that helps.

Back