Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 34 of 35 FirstFirst ... 24303132333435 LastLast

Thread: Photographs 2005 season

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not as impressive and diverse as Alvin Meister's collection (amazing) but here are a few snapshots on a nice day. My plants think it's Spring. Lots of new growth and flowering.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oops... here's the pics. S. flava with some new pitchers, a flower stalk, and it recently divided into 4 plants

S. leucophylla that is finally sending up new Autumn pitchers.

S. pupurea sprouting new pitchers each day with great colors and veins

D. spatulata growing like a weed and flowering with a nice deep red color. At night the dew looks like a hot purple.

Darlingtonia growing very well in my windowsill. The plant gets enough light while the roots stay very cool. Some pitchers already 12" high.

My 'outside' collection. The new VFTs are slowly recovering inside with my Darlingtonia.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looking good! Like the leuco [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img]
    Alexis Vallance, U.K.
    Plant gallery
    Grow list

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thx but I can stop drooling over the intense color on your S.x 'Juthatip Soper'. What a beautiful plant! [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_k_ani_32.gif[/img] Where can I find one of those?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It was bred by Matthew Soper of Hampshire Carnivorous Plants. It was put into tissue culture by Carniflora, Holland, so you'd have to negotiate with them getting a sealed flask over.
    Alexis Vallance, U.K.
    Plant gallery
    Grow list

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Coincidentally, I had just happened to snap a bunch of pics today, when I noticed all those wonderful pics that were added today. Here's my Sept. contributions:

alabamensis x oreophila

(alata x flava) x mitchelliana - a two-year old seedling of a cross I did. Here's a Profile Shot, and here's a Shot From The Back. Overall, I'm excited about this one. It has an interesting shape and nice coloration.

areolata x [(psittacina x purpurea) x minor]. another 2 yr. old seedling from a cross I did. Slightly reminiscent of Scarlett Bell, but with less white spotting and the lids tend to open up.

x catesbaei F2

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

'Citronelli' x (flava x psittacina) - this is a 1 yr. old seedling of a cross i did. Here's some brothers and a Sister

that's an x excellens on the left and an (alata x oreophila) x mitchelliana on the right. just love the red tint on that one.

another 1 yr. old seedling. not quite as grown up as the other 1 yr. olds. oh yeah, it's 'Extreme Unction' x 'Ladies In Waiting'. Still kind of early to tell, but looks to be a colorful plant. Here's a Couple of Siblings.

flava x psittacina at the front, excellens x formosa in the back.

(flava x psittacina) x (oreophila x willisii) - 1 yr. old cross of mine. these are all kind of plain-Jane looking, except for this rogue Sibling, showing some promise from this particular cross.

I have more pics to put on here, but I am out of time for now. stay tuned.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great, keep em coming [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img]
    Alexis Vallance, U.K.
    Plant gallery
    Grow list