What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Photographs 2005 season

Sarracenia, It has a very nicely shapen keel.

KCC I wish I coud see you'rs they sound nice Ilook this weekend.

rsladies1ph.jpg

I think I got this down now. Here's my S. X 'Ladies in waiting'

Ok still bigger than I thought.

Still no open pitchers yet for me, but I do have some flowers finally open.

S. leucophylla in flower
387DCP_0399-med.JPG

& S. oreophylla in flower
387DCP_0402-med.JPG

Thanks Kirk, cant wait until they decide its time to put some energy into pitchers.

I've had some problems with flowers this year, I originally had 14, but when I went to denver to do a flower show, they all dried out and right now i only have 3 flowers left

A couple strong spring performers. . .

axlr.jpg

S. alata x leucophylla Red Selection

and a spectacular S. flava rubricorpora x moorei burgundy, that hasn't opened, again a Phil Faulisi special!!!

frxmb2.jpg

Finally had time to catch up on the photos.
Dom, absolutely stunning Sarrs!!!

One of my favorites this year

S. x alata 'Black' x flava 'Red'
2005-4-25-Upper_GH%20004%20700.jpg

thanks
-Jeremiah-

Here is my first posting this season as I have been as busy as a one armed paper hanger in a wind storm, speaking of which, the wind has been blowing feircely here the past few days and I can easy see how the Saracenias could become self pollinated or other wise. It will make for some very confusing crosses this year. First one is a general view of my larger bog with the plants in flower and the second one is of "Wilkerson's Red" in flower in that same bog. Enjoy
SarraceniaHeaven05.jpg
WRflowering05.jpg

here is my first Sarr flower. ill check tonite and see just what plant it is.

427sarrflower.jpg

Where or where is my springtime sun, oh where or where can it be?

You guys are making me JEALOUS! I only have a few plants out of dormancy, and that's because I couldn't wait and brought them in early. The big ones from last year are still outside....And the first one is only JUST sending up it's first new pitchers (and I mean JUST).

schloaty, its 27 degrees ehre and snowing, its late april for cryion out loud!
PS- I lvoe your bical
PSS- Brooks your setup is amazing!

Okay, here are the mature pitchers of the plant posted earlier:

frxmb3.jpg

Coincidentily, I took this plant to the BACPS meeting yesterday and forgot to mention to everyone to stop and smell the pitcher lids--- I was reminded on my way home of the aroma of Betty Crocker white cake mix they were emitting. Definitely a pleasant aroma in comparison to S. flava cat-urine-smelling flowers of a few weeks back!

And one more for right now. . .

A sibling to the also previously posted catesbaei hybrid. Backlit by the setting evening sun, I was immediately drawn to the blaze of color. Almost appears to be on fire. I nicknamed it 'El Fuego.' Enjoy!

spvbxfoelfuego.jpg

My First Sarra Flower
smile.gif

CAM_0352.jpg

Back