What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Photographs 2005 season

The 2004 topic reached a massive 51 pages, so I think now is the time to start a new photo thread. People have flowers and pitchers opening in some areas, so post away.

Not fair, Alvin. If you opened the topic for pictures, where are your pictures?

Just what I liked to see. I'll be heading to the greenhouse in 45 min. to check on everything and do a few pollinations. i'm sure my digital camera will be tagging along.

Here's a few I just snapped:

leucorubragreenflower.jpg

S. leucophylla x rubra jonesii  antho-free

leucoxoreoflower.jpg

S. leucophylla x oreophila

minor.jpg

S. minor

oreophila.jpg

S. oreophila, poking through some Hummer's Hammerhead flowers.

rubraoreooreoflava.jpg

S. (rubra x oreophila) x (oreophila x flava)

tarnok.jpg

S. leucophylla 'Tarnok', opening well ahead of its flower

unccflower.jpg

S. x unknown.  Known as UNCC Hybrid #4 on my website.  I think it's got purpurea and rubra in it, at the least.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Not fair, Alvin. If you opened the topic for pictures, where are your pictures?

I don't think people want to see a 1cm tall flower bud
smile_n_32.gif

heres some of mine (I knwo I need a better camera)
07283e21.jpg

An unknown hyrbid from bobZ

1007.jpg

An S. Minor Wayne Co. GA Developing

th_1008.jpg

and its flower

1009.jpg

A developiing pitcher on An S. Flava Rubricorpa liberty co. FL (just a seedling, my bigger ones have developing pitchers about 8" right now

1010.jpg

my sarracenia seed tray

th_1011.jpg

An unknown hybrid from bobZ 2 feet right now, should be 2 1/2 feet soon

1012.jpg

Oreophilla Flower

th_1013.jpg

One of my S. readii x moorei

No, No, No, No why did I have to open this. I am waiting so un-patiently for my flowers to open then the plants get new pitchers

Okay I finally have some photos worth sharing. But how do I put them on the thread (so its not just a link)?

these photos are being posted for 'woodnative':
"The one is of my favorite Sarr seedlings, started last Jan (04), at 8
months old it had 8" pitchers, looks kind of like a red leuco, but parentage is
mixed an unknown."

7a64c34b.jpg

The other picture was taken the end of last season, but is just 3 individual
pitchers (1. leuco 'green' x rubra jonesii 'green, 2. Flash, 3. Pretty N Pink).

4ccfe8ee.jpg

I'm with Alvin. A couple small flower buds, and several pitcher fetuses. Not much to show - yet!
biggrin.gif

Capslock

Those photos are from January before eveything dies back. An interesting point is in picture 1 the plant in the middle (The purple-ish red S. purpurea ssp. venosa var. burkeii x. leucophylla grows either erect pitchers or pitchers just like S. purp. does anyone know why (I am not 100% certain it is not purp x. (leuco x. purp). And those are Bogs 1 & 2 & corner of 3 of 4. sorry I have a horrible camera

im not sure, could be a mutation, could be dormancy, could just be a trait of that cross, it sounds very interesting

Here's my leucophylla x purpurea ssp. venosa var. burkii from Milton, Florida.

Mitchmilton.jpg

It tends to grow like this all the time. Does yours grow more purp like in the spring? Leucophylla's bigger fall pitchers could mean your hybrid is more substantial later on.

Snapped a few photos today:

alabamensisxoreophila.jpg

S. alabamensis x oreophila

h2.jpg

An unknown I got from BobZ, listed as H-2 on his website.

leucoxumlauft.jpg

S. leucophylla x umlauftiana

sminor.jpg

S. minor

unccunknown.jpg

An unknown, known as UNCC#2 on my webpage. A plant that looks nearly identical to Boob Tube. I'll compare with the Boob Tube I got from imduff last year. Or maybe he can tell now by looking at this flower, if it's not the same.

and now for some new pitcher openings:

leucoxmitch.jpg

S. leucophylla x mitchelliana

moorei.jpg

S. leucophylla x flava rugelli

Sarracenia,

Nice photos. You're lucky to have a jump on the growing season! I'm patiently waiting to move past the "flowering" stage.

Back