What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Photographs 2005 season

Yes I have another hybrid or prup. burkii x. leuco that grows like yours except you cannot see the areoles except when it opens because it turns dark red (Like my purp. burkii's in the picture). I don't know about that plant yet. I have not had this plant for very long so I'm not sure yet. For my info (FMI) what hybrid with purp. has round petals. (rubra maybe)? and dark red flowers/maroon flowers

I don't have any individual plant pictures currently... But I do have some wide views of the trays that contain mostly sarrs...
gh1.jpg

gh3.jpg

Andrew

Aaron,

Your photos are always second to none. You've got me scratching my head about flower color. I'm pretty certain that 'Boob Tube' has just bright red flowers. It's not a blend, like the one you've shown. For years I had it planted next to another Dr.Mellichamp, hybrid, 'Blackened Redfish.' That plant most certainly has dark red flowers. For those of you that got one of those from me. Like everyone else I look forward to this year's pitchers.

imduff

Very nice pictures everyone!!!!!

Tre: Are those S.leucophilla x oreophilla and S.purpurea ssp.purpurea from your half of the trade comeing from you bog?

Here's a few more:

flavapsitt.jpg

S. flava rubricorpora x psittacina

h7.JPG

Another unknown from BobZ - H-7.

popei.jpg

S. flava x rubra gulfensis

aaron, your photos are simply awesome, I cant wait untill we get some photos from Imduff and PDX as well as Brooks, then this thread will really take off

Hi Everyone,

Here are a few shots of our Sarrs.

S. purpurea rosea flower.  This plant is from seed collected in Perdido, Fl.  The petals are a gorgeous color of orchid purple.  Typically, they are a lighter, rose pink.  
S.%20purpurea%20flower%203-19-05.JPG

S. leucophylla Hurricane Creek White.  Still showing its anthocyanin pigmentation flush, which shows on newly opened pitchers.  As the trap ages, they become pure white and green.  As you can see, the flower is blood red.
S.%20leuco%20hurricance%20creek%20white%203-19-05.JPG

S. ahlesii (rubra wherryii x alata) Natural Hybrid collected years ago from Mobile Cnty, Alabama near Citronelle.  These are the fresh new spring traps, by June, these will be almost black/red; a trait attributed to the S. alata parent.
S.%20ahlesii%20no.2%20Citronelle%20Ala%20two%20traps%203-19-05.JPG

Here is a wide shot of the same S. ahlesii including the flowers.
S.%20ahlesii%20no.2%20Citronelle%20Ala.%203-19-05.JPG

All are S. ‘Scarlet Belle’ flowers.  
S.%20'Scarlet%20Belle'%20flowers%203-18-05.JPG

Enjoy!

Trent and Michelle

Had to throw this in too.

S. flava ornata in bloom with potential pollinator.

S.%20flava%20orn%20and%20flower%20with%20bee%203-4-05.JPG

nice! is it jsut me or are those hurricane creek pitchers a bit red? I knew you would have great photos when i saw that it was from trent

Kirk,
Please read our comment carefully about the red coloration (anthocyanins) in Hurricane Creek White.

oh sorry I just kinda rushed through the photos, looks like you have an awesome plant, I love the flower

Hi Everyone,
Here are some more pics.

S. readii Alabama Red -Natural Hybrid from Perdido Ala
S.%20readii%20no.1%20Ala%20Red%203-20-05.JPG

S. 'Bruce Bednar' (a fantastic catesbaei) found by Bruce Bednar many years ago.
S.%20'Bruce%20Bednar'%203-20-05.JPG

S. 'Manny Herrera' -Natural Hybrid from Washington Cnty, Alabama.
S.%20'Manny%20Herrera'%20no.2%203-20-05.JPG

Here is another photo of S. 'Manny Herrera' taken last June, showing how the pitcher darkens with age.  By the end of the season, the pitchers are dark purple/red.
S.%20Nat%20Hybrid%20Washington%20Cnty(purp%20x%20alata)%206-3-04.JPG

S. leucophylla coming to life.
S.%20leuco%20GP%20big%203-20-05.JPG

Enjoy!

Hi Trent,

I noticed that your Sarracenia plants are already pitchering and flowering. I am guessing that the weather in your area must be quite warm.

Yes, we are located in South Florida. We are a few weeks to a month ahead of their natural habitat (FL panhandle gulf coast).

[b said:
Quote[/b] (CP2k @ Mar. 21 2005,5:44)]Hi Trent,

I noticed that your Sarracenia plants are already pitchering and flowering. I am guessing that the weather in your area must be quite warm.
Mine are producing phyllodia even though its really really warm here now.
confused.gif

Phyllodia? Shouldn't they be producing pitchers Starman?

I'm getting new flower buds appearing every day now. Most on one plant is 4 on my catesbaei.

yes they should I bought them indoors from the cold garage where they spent their dormacy, and now they are growing phyllodia.
confused.gif

I bought them in a few weeks ago and my S.'Stevenssi' and lecophylla and 'Brookes Hybrid' are growing phyllodia.
confused.gif

I think some others are too...

Back