What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Photographs 2005 season

Just the beginning of what's in store. The flavas and crosses thereof are the first to shine!

fm2.jpg

fr.jpg

purpvbxfo1.jpg

I'm really surprised more photos haven't been posted yet. Keep 'em coming!

That's the nicest catesbaei I've seen for a long time!

S. catesbaei x oreo

fxpxo.jpg

S. oreophila Sand Mtn.

oreosm.jpg

. . . and some of the largest flowers I've ever had or seen for that matter- S. alata Black tube x flava red. Just over 4" apiece!

abxfr.jpg

Enjoy!

Alvin,

That catesbaei has only been out of dormancy for a few weeks. In time, the sun will color those pitchers up like you wouldn't believe. I'll look to post pics from last year's pitchers soon.

Same catesbaei as above, one year ago. . .

pvbxfo2.jpg

Wow, definitely a nice plant.

My S.x catesbaei x oreophila is one of my favorites. It's very vigorous and the throat turns a nice purple later on. Here's a photo from last year:

Catoreo.jpg

This is a gorgeous plant I got from Phil Faulisi a couple years back: S. oreophila x moorei burgundy. The camera cannot fully capture the velvety red sheen of the throat of this beauty!

mxo.jpg

WHOA!!!! Gorgeous!!! Not bad at all! Phil is in a class by himself, that's for sure.

Well I guess I'll weigh in here, and see if the photos will work
spictures0267eq.jpg

S. rubra subs. wherryi (var. copper top) Citronell bog Mobile Co. AL
spictures0259mr.jpg

S. rubra. This was a plant recevied from the last NASC auction from Bugweed.[  
justinspictures0113ox.jpg

WOW
smile_k_ani_32.gif
Sorry 56k users I gotta resize these from now on. Also Sombody click on the web button to see if it works. I can't access this site from work.

darn plants here are so slow of getting out of dormacy.....mine are sending up flowers though and my 3 year old flava seedlings are sending up really nicely coloured pitchers Il have photos in a couple of weeks.
smile_m_32.gif

in 3 to 5 years I should be completely flooded, I have about 125 seedlings started this fall, man I cant wait untill they get bigger, but untill then my collection is good enough for me, now at least
smile_n_32.gif

Wow Jimsco.. Uh Zak, those are beautiful flowers you have there.

You can still resize the picks if you want. Just edit your post and substitute the link to the smaller pictures in the image codes.

See heres the thing. I not a big fan of computers, so I don't have one at the house. I may get one soon, if I have to. I spen most of the day on my work computer, so when I get home it's the last thing I want to see. I cant access any of the sites where the pictures are stored because of the websense filter at work. So when I posted these I was visiting with a friend. TF would not read the logon information from this computer for some reason. It would tell me I was loged in, but still have me as a guest. So I had to copy, and paste the info onto a email and email myself at work. I also con't view anything from rattler_mt, and a few others that escape me for the moment. I assume this has to do with the filters. So next time I get a chance I'll resize them.
If anyones willing to post them for me I can email resized pictures to them.
Thanks
biggrin.gif

here are the latest photos from my greenhouse:
My best VFT dente
setup001.jpg

S. 'Readii' x 'Moorei' from Phill Faulisi, this one has at least 7 gropwing points:
setup022.jpg

S. 'June Bug', this one has at least 3 growing points:
setup003.jpg

S. oreophilla, definately one of my favorites:
setup004.jpg

setup005.jpg

anyone know what bug this is:
setup012.jpg

S. minor Wayne Co. GA:
setup006.jpg

Out of focus photo of my biggest leuc. the last pitcher was 2 feet, that was the first of the season:
setup007.jpg

S. flava rubricorpa Liberty Co. FL, they were only 3" last year, this pitcher is 8" and the biggest out of the batch is 9" still developing:
setup008.jpg

Cobra Lily, this one has a flower forming:
setup009.jpg

VFT:
setup011.jpg

D. capensis:
setup014.jpg

S. purpurea spp. Venosa:
setup015.jpg

My ceph, theres about 3 in this pot, not counting the cutting I took thats rooting:
setup016.jpg

setup017.jpg

S. flava, this one doesnt like alot of sun so its in partial shade now, eventually ill move it into full sun with the rest of the sarracenia:
setup019.jpg

S. moorei Wilkerson Bog, this one had 2 pitchers that were 8" tall, but got dried out while I was out of town in denver doing the show, its recovering now, once it gets bigger I'll be able to tell wether its leah or not:
setup020.jpg

Back