What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Photographs 2005 season

I lucked out? Well thats a good thing! lol, that doesn't happen very often. Know what form it is? I know its not an alba or anything special, besides a wild plant.

NG,
I do not know what form the Crestview leuco will be as I did not keep any of the plants for myself. Just one of those things that happens. At the site, the plants were in very poor shape from a degraded, poorly managed site. That is the reeason I could not tell the difference between a rubra and a leuco. Good luck with the plant.

SO

Here ya go Laura, just for you.

White Knight (moorei)

WhiteKnight505.jpg

Oh man. I wish I had one of those. I only really like mooreis when they have the red splotch on their throats. Those are perfect plants!

Brooks, that 'White Knight' sent the drool detector overthe top!  Thanks a whole bunch!  One more plant to obsess over...
smile_m_32.gif

Wow! I don't know which is best - 'Leah Wilkinson', 'White Night' or 'Leah's Child'.
smile_k_ani_32.gif

Why "White Knight" is best!  Thanks Brooks, suppose I'll just mosey on over to my personal grow/want list and add one of those and then I will repeat the Tenth Commandment a few times in my head and if there is a chalkboard available somewhere... I suppose I better write it out a few times just to reinforce the concept.  I swear Brooks, you and Aaron have the tastiest and choicest plants.

editing to add that I just "stole" your "White knight" image for my new desktop wallpaper on my computer. That knocks out your 'Leah' I had there since last year. Yup, I've been looking at Wilkersons every time I get on the computer since the last thread like this.

'Leah Wilkerson' hands down. Guess you'd call it my first love. The other two are yet unregistered and are still being trialed. FYI, the correct way to write an unregistered cultivar is with double quotes. ("White Knight")

Hey, maybe I could be a cultivar. Called "Balding Pate".

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]the correct way to write an unregistered cultivar is with double quotes

I never knew that. Thanks.

I still like "Leah's Child" - more white than the others from what I remember
smile.gif

Alvin,
"Leah's Child" does this very strange switcheroo thingy in which the spring pitchers are much smaller and more a redish brown color where the fall pitchers are more the typical leuco look with a good bit of white. Here see for yourself.

LCrz.jpg
Spring pitchers

LCfallrz.jpg
Fall pitchers

Maybe it should be called "Double Delight"?

Yeah, those leucophylla genes don't create as good a show in spring, but they still look very nice. Those big chunky white fall pitchers are what I remember though!
smile_k_ani_32.gif

flava x psitt on the left, psitt x (swaniana) on the right:
2psitthybrids.JPG

alata black - should be black in another week or two:
alatablack.JPG

antho-free leuco x rubra jonesii:
anthofreereadii.JPG

'Boob Tube', with an excellens in the background:
boobtubeexcellens.JPG

a better variety of excellens than in the previous pic:
excellens.JPG

excellens x readii:
excellensxreadii.JPG

flava x mitchelliana:
flavaxmitch.JPG

'Ladies in Waiting' and minor:
ladiesminor.JPG

a nice red leuco:
leuco.JPG

an unknown, minor x (psitt x rubra) perhaps?:
minorpsittunknown.JPG

'Night Sky':
nightsky.JPG

(oreophila 'Sand Mtn' x flava) x leucophylla:
oreoxflavaxleuco.JPG

'Red Blush':
redblush.JPG

'willisii' x oreophila:
willxoreo.JPG

the next sets of pics are some of the more grown up seedlings I have, from mostly my own crosses. they are all in their 3rd year of growth, except for the first pic, which is in its second year. lost the labels for most, so i have no idea what most are.

[leucophylla x (psitt x rubra)] x alata black:
leucoxgilpinixalata1yr.JPG

areolata x (psitt x swaniana):
seedlingareolataxpsittpurpminor.JPG

areolata x (psitt x swaniana):
seedlingareolataxpsittpurpminor2.JPG

had a pot full of seedlings from the ICPS, mixed sarracenia hybrid seed. slugs or something ate all but one, this one. a true survivor:
seedlingicps.JPG

this is from wild-collected moorei seed, sent to me by Sarraceniaobsessed. I believe it was from Walton Co., FL. I'm guessing this particular one was pollinated with S. flava. Seems to show mostly flava characteristics. Thanks Brooks!:
seedlingmoorei.JPG

The rest are the ones I lost labels for. I can hardly remember what crosses I did (i'm a very disorganized person). Some of the crosses I did were: (alata x leuco) x (oreo x leuco), (rubra x moorei) x (rubra x mitchelliana), (alata x flava) x mitchelliana, [rubra x (purp x rubra)] x areolata. Most of these are probably in that group:

seedling1.JPG

seedling2.JPG

seedling3.JPG

seedling4.JPG

seedling5.JPG

seedling6.JPG

seedling7.JPG

seedling8.JPG

seedling91.JPG

seedling92.JPG

this last one sprouted up from a potted plant i bought at Meadowview. minor x ?:
seedling9.JPG

Sarracenia,
GREAT PLANTS! Very nice especially, 'Boob Tube', "Red Flush" and, psitt x swaniana.

The morrei seeds were open pollinated from Mrs. Wilkerson's bog. Looks like it back crosses on flava. I have several that look like that. Keep up the great work.

Three sibblings of purp ssp. purp x 'Leah Wilkerson'

pp%20x%20lw%20sib%203.jpg

pp%20x%20lw%20sib%202.jpg

pp%20x%20lw%20sib%201.jpg

and one purp. ssp. venosa var. burkei x "Leahs' Child"

pvb%20x%20lc.jpg

Chris

Chris, That third purp ven X 'LW' looks promising. Good growing there bud!

A collection of Catsbaeis
catsbaeicollection.jpg

(L to R) Agri-Starts clone, "Flying Nun" and "Red Devil"

A collection of yellow flowered psitts. I think psitts are greatly over looked by very useful in making exceptional crosses.

psittcollection.jpg

And, a stunning specimen of Minor 'Okee Giant'
OkeeGt.jpg

Oh I love the Catesbaie collection, I'm a big fan of Catesbaie...just love the pitchers!

Back