What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Whooohooo success!

getting a Ceph was about #1 on my list of things to do this year. a member here traded me a small one as part of a big trade(lots of different plants going both directions). i swear it cant be more than 3/4 of an inch across but its my Ceph and i noticed today its producing some NEW PITCHERS!! guess that means its settling in nicely.

Good to hear it. It is always exciting when a new plant starts to grow under your care.

Some day I will have such exotic specimens in my care -- I hope.

ive only been growing CP's for about 18 months, a lil time and you will have more than you know what to do with. Cephs are starting to get pretty common. it seems to me way more ppl have them now than even a year ago. alot of the rare "exotic" stuff is becoming alot more availible thanks to TC, well everything except epiphytic Utrics, most of those can still be a pain to get a hold of except for the couple of fairly common ones.

Congrats Rattler. You sound like me when I got my baby N. hamata a few weeks ago. Sometihing about finally getting a plant that you have wanted for years just makes ya feel good.

Good luck with your new baby,
Steve

Sweet deal! I remember when I got my first (and still only) ceph. I almost killed it last winter...I THINK by top-watering. Rotted away several leaves/pitchers and at least two growth points.
smile_k_ani_32.gif

Now it's back and happy, so.....What has two thumbs and uses ONLY the tray method for cephs?
THIS GUY (pointing at self with thumbs)!

Back