What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Darlingtonia trail pics

Hi all,

Just got back from vacation. Here are the pics from the Darlingtonia Trail in Six Rivers Nat'l Park in California. The other plants were nearby, so there are some extra photos mixed in there. Be warned, it's a slow-loading page!

Darlingtonia Trail Pics

That's really cool man, I'm glad you had fun!

Those were about the coolest CP photos I've ever seen!! You should make posters or something out of them. Great job!

Great photos. I love the red ones.

They also seem to cope better with shade than sarracenia.

Glad I looked at htis on the pc at work! I had an error message, saying it was out of virtual memory. Loved the spider webs! No banana slugs? I don't suppose you would consider a brief 3,000 mile trip to PA to take a few pics of my plants?
smile_m_32.gif

Judging by those (great) photos, and how Darlingtonis is running through my own wet bed at home do you think it is all just a few clones (or even one). The grass looked very long for seedling development.
Thanks for sharing
BR
Chris

Beautiful photos Michelle! I enjoyed our visit. You should come more often.

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention I visited Bob while I was up there. He's a cool cat!

The site was pretty dry that week, and probably overall this season as most of the rain seems to be here in Los Angeles instead. The grass was quite high, with shrubs everywhere and trees lining the edges of the site. The darlingtonia themselves were huge (to me), often over 2'. I encourage anyone visiting Northern California or Southern Oregon to go, it's well worth turning the corner in the forest and seeing the bog all of a sudden!
laugh.gif

I hope I get to see Darlingtonia in the wild once.

WOW. That's just beautiful, Michelle! I wish I could see such sights.

Thanks for sharing that. That must have been SOO much fun.
smile.gif

Back