What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What is this?

• Thread starter LauraZ5
  • Start date
I am relatively sure I know what it is but...
Need to be positive as this plant is going to be auctioned.

ae346f03.jpg

As long as it isn't s. oreophila, you can auction it.

It's 'Copper Lid', I'm pretty sure.  I just need a few other people to post what they think it is.  

Can't auction most of the rubra either.

looks like S. flava var. cuprea x. flava var. rugelli. I can't tell though because I only see one throught splotch.

Looks like a s. flava var. cuprea to me. I think the "throat splotch" is not a splotch, but the angle at which you are viewing the throat. I think the throat is more along the lines of s. flava ssp. flava. Laura, can we get a face on shot of this baby for clarification??

Yes dear, we can get a face shot on this baby.  It's been snowing on and off since last night so I hauled all of my plants and the plants for the NASC auction into the garage yesterday.  Give me a few minutes ok.

5aebbfb8.jpg

26f1a3cd.jpg

And while you are at it...
What is S. "Green Surprise"?  Or maybe it was S. 'Green Surprise'. This one is my personal plant-

de89ff72.jpg

You are right bugweed. I am not sure if flava var. cuprea has vening or not, since mine is not full open yet. So whatever Bugweed says is true.
If I remember right your other plant is S. purpurea heterophylla x. flava var flava. Not sure though

My s. flava var. cuprea is veined with a wash of red in the throat. THIS s. flava var. cuprea is gorgeous with the red throat. I do not think s. flava var. rugellii had any part in this coloration though. Beautiful plant, Laura.

Good Bugs!  Buy a second plant for your collection and part with lots of your money at the up and coming NASC auction. Then you could have S. flava var. cuprea with a wash of red in the throat and S. flava var. cuprea with a red throat. You want to bid on this plant.  You need this plant.  This plant has your name on it. Cha ching!  Cha ching!  That's the sound of a cash register accepting your money.

By the way- Sarracenia 'Copper Lid' (Schnell ex Hort.Slack) [flava cuprea] Registered 10. 11. 1998 (JS)

It is 'Copper Lid'
just as
It is S. flava var. cuprea

Does anyone have any idea on the 'Green Surprise' thingie? Looks as if Green Surprise may actually be a registered cultivar.

Back