What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Darlingtonia

I am thinking of getting some Darlingtonia this year and growing them inside under grow lights. Anybody know a good source to get them from?

I know of bad source - Lowes. Best to obtain them from one of our California growers. This plant really does best outdoors, though. Some people rig up a waterfall or reptile ornament - something move the water around.

i agree with Jim, if you want to seriously try this plant, get one from a grower on here. the big chains are a real hit or miss way to grow this species. i started with a really really small division from a grower over in Cali and it did a thousand times better than the larger individuals i had gotten from Lowes and HD

Well, who are some of the California growers on here?

lol actually its just a coincidence that the guy i got mine from is in Cali. he is not a member of this forum but if you ask in the trade forum i bet some one can help you out. doubt Cali has anything special and a division from most any grower here who has had it for a few years should work just as good.

Mine are under lights, in LFS in a self-watering pot, are from Lowes (two, bought from separate batches), and are growing like crazy and putting out a stolon or two.

I'm seriously considering testing this summer whether it really is cold water or lots of oxygen delivered to the roots that they're looking for... I'm betting on the latter.

Back