What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The oreo bowl

Every spring, the competition is fierce! It is another season, and ready for the Oreo Bowl! So lets introduce the Players:
From DeKalb County, Alabama, the following competitiors, From this area, the heavily veined oreo from Dustin Truesdell, also represented is another heavily veined from Dean Cook, a real nice one! Tall, and strong!
Included from this County, is one more heavily veined player, a real late bloomer.
Last in the Bowl, is the Marshall County plant from Boaz, Alabama, Marshall County.
It has been said that the oreo's, though good players in the Sarracenia field, their ability to "play the game " has been called into question. This group of Heavy Hitters has dispelled many rumors of the oreo's ability to compete with other players from other areas. They have been awesome this year, and the game rages on! Never underestimate the abilities of the s. oreophila players to do their job! And it is:
Oreo's-------46
Flies---------nothing!
Enjoy the game!!!!!!!

Only two rookies to start, but great potential. One young heavily veined Dekalb Co.--looks great in striped uniform. One no name but stately pale green player to compliment heavy veins. Flies still outgun these guys, but they're holding their own. We need someone to post pics to pump up enthusiasm.

Well the score is rolling! The flies are really taking a beating in this game of life. In fact, they seem to be losing theirs.
The score is way up, with only one fly getting the drop on this team. New score is:
Oreo's---------71
Flies----------- 1
This is going to be a blowout!

And here's one of the players now with his game face on. . .

oreoSM1.jpg

[b said:
Quote[/b] (KingDom079 @ April 30 2005,3:02)]And here's one of the players now with his game face on. . .
Is that 'Mean Oreo Green' with red veins bulging out of his neck??? Beautiful, but scary--dem flies is gonna die, die!, die!! Nice pic KingD--thanks for sharing.

Boy, the game is almost over, but did you see the game face on that character?? Wouldn't want to meet him in a dark bog! Come to think of it, not a lighted one either! Anyway, the game is winding down, and the flies are pleading for mercy! The oreo's WILL NOT let up, and the flies are dropping like--er--uh--well, flies! The score is so mismatched, the flies can never catch up!! The newest score is:
Oreo's--------- 94
Flies----------- 3
Now folks, that is one scary score. I wouldn't suggest you play this game at Home!! Now, the game continues!!

Well, 6:30 in sunny California, and the game is OVER!!!!!!! The flies were beaten miserably by the oreo team, and the party is at my place! B.Y.O.R.O.W. The celebration will probably last until dawn tomorrow. The game wasn't even close, and the flies have left in abject defeat! The oreo's were out standing in their bog, and beat the heck out of those nasty flies! The final score today is:
oreo's---------117
flies----------- 3
Hope you enjoyed todays game, and tune in next time the game is played. Maybe all 7 players will be involved this time around. So long from California, and the First Ever OREO BOWL!!!!!!!!!!!

Nice game--thanks for the coverage. B.Y.O.R.O.W.??

Bring your own reverse osmosis water!

LOL BYOROW....I like that!

Well I'm glad to see the oreo's won. I'd be a little worried if the flies had won.
biggrin.gif

Nice plant, KingDom.

Ooops...the oreos missed one. There is a fly buzzing around my computer monitor. A fatty. Now where is a VFT or a Sarracenia when you need one??

My nice clump of green ones (3 plants on one rhizome) sure killed off a bunch already.

I can't wait until my plants get big enough to kill off the flies. I'm probably a month behind Tre due to cold weather here.

I like the throught bulge on them. Makes it look like a frog, which ironically they are doning the job of.

Evening Ladies and Gentleman. We hope you enjoyed the First Ever Oreo Bowl. In a week or two, prepare for the standoff in the Flava 500, with JBL, and your very own, Bugweed. Should be exciting, so stay tuned to this forums for future events!!! Any comments on the game will be appreciated.

Will this be televised on ESPN or regular network? I had better get together a group of nearby friends for this eveny. Maybe we can have a pizza party. Yeah, it can be a combination pizzaa party and first ever SEPACPS meeting. Maybe we can meet at That Fish Place, That Pet Place and then do the Tannersville bog thing.

Odd that they should catch bumblebees, especially since they pitcher just before they flower. I can only assume they feel the need to grow everything at once just in case dryness sets in unusually early.

Ladies and Gentlemen! I am suprised! This is where you add your own comments on the game, and not on your plants growing habits (or the lack thereof), and eating habits! Did you enjoy the game or not? Would you like to play next time, and add your own comments as we go? Who has a red throat s. oreophila to add to the game? And can I have it?? LOLOL!!!! I await your comments, and ideas!

WE WILL WE WILL ROCK YOU

And here's Flytrapgurl, our own cheerleading section, all by herself!! Rock on, FTG! ROCK ON!!!!!!!!!

Back