What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Spring divisions

CP30

A Cajun(isc) Carnivore
It is now well into spring here in south Louisiana where day temps have been in the 70's and 80's for pert near 2 months now. Many of my sarrs have already finished blooming, others are still going or just starting. I would like to come up with some divisions for the NASC auction (and maybe some for trade, too).

My question is this: Is it too late to divide my sarrs? I know this would produce stress, but would it be too much this time of the season?

Please share your wisdom, my 3 year old child-like knowledge is not up to this decision.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]
My question is this: Is it too late to divide my sarrs?

Yes, its much too late in the year.

-Homer

Pooh, I divide mine anytime whatsoever with no ill effect and know many others who do the same. I don't know who first came up with that restriction, but it has never proven true for me. I have rarely lost a plant from dividing it unless it was due to carelessness on my part. I say go for it when the plant is growing lustily and has the energy to quickly recover. Dividing weak or sick plants is never a good plan, but other than this restriction I say divide at will.

You can divide until June

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Pooh, I divide mine anytime whatsoever with no ill effect and know many others who do the same.

Right on. I always heard repotting anytime but divisions only in late winter. You learn something new every day. Best of luck.
smile.gif

-Homer

Thanks! A dividing I will go, a dividing I will go, hi ho mary o.....
smile.gif
smile_n_32.gif
>;-D
smile.gif

Jsut remmebr not to divide any wek or sick plants

Back