What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Flava 500

Oh, Ozzy! Looks like Bugweed is gonna lose this one. I need a pit stop--my wife just put up no pest strips for a dinner party--AAcckkkk!!!!!!!
smile_h_32.gif

!!YELLOW FLAG!!

Tragedy has struck the Ash boys. They were on the back stretch when they got a little too greedy. One of the pitchers caught a yellow jacket, just to show off in front of the crowd. It looks like the yellow jacket chewed it's way out of the pitcher. Releasing all of the bugs in that that pitcher. The bug count has gone from 489 to 327.
Repeating: The Ash boys has had a pitcher blowout!!
The only hope they have now is the swarm of flies getting ready to move onshore.
smile_h_32.gif

Well, Ozzy, Bug had 175 this morning, but we haven't heard back--think he's going stealth to steal the race. Put a sarr patch on that bad boy and stake him up--you still got a shot!
biggrin.gif

OZZY! Look out for yellow jackets!! Bad blowout! Sorry about that, but you on a clear course to a win! I am at 273 and rising. With all your bugs, you should be done before long. I love this race.

I am at about 127 or so....I know, I know, but the leuco and the minors and vft's are stealin' the bugs
smile_h_32.gif

Ozzy, what kind of flies are those? Them are some big bugs! I grew up in Mich. just a few miles from L. Erie and never saw them flies
smile_k_ani_32.gif

Well they have recovered but with one less pitcher, it's slow going. The count now is 399.

I'm outta this race folks. Just 42 crummy flies...I knew I was beat whenI started counting fruit flies. Man, I wish I had more flies around here--not!
smile_n_32.gif

310 and huffing and puffing. Trying!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Bugweed @ May 30 2005,5:14)]310 and huffing and puffing. Trying!
Sounds like you're runnin outta gas old man!
smile_m_32.gif

The ASh boys may be limping, but they are still headed to the finish line. The new count is 420.

Gettin' tired! Can't take much more of this! 497! 3 to go! 2 are here! Yes! a third-------and a fourth! EAT PIG BOYS!!! EAT!!!!!!!!!!

499!!!!!! Only one to go!!!!!

Man, FTG sure did fall down on the job! No cheering or nothing. Well, jest one more. Jest one! Ozzy! You awake for the coup de gras? (Pronounced -- Coop--Dee---Grass.) French! Ya gotta know these things. Specially pernuncinatrion!

Go BUG Go, Go BUG Go!!  See Bugweed, you gotta cheerleader after all.  OK, gotta hang up my pom poms.  
smile_n_32.gif

Military Style Chant:

Hit them flies between the eyes!
  Yeah flavas, kill dem flies!!

Dropping down to their demise!
  C'mon flavas, eat dem flies!!

Who gonna win the flava fight?!
  Bugs or Oz, the race is tight!!

Will we know when morning breaks?
Who wins, who has just what it takes!!!

Where be OZ????? I WIN!! 504. And no Ozzy. Well, Junior, I didn't go home, I didn't give up, and me and the Covington County boys, whopped yer butt! Better luck next time. What happened to your millions of bugs?? See? Mine even taste better'n yours.

Chant continued...

Now we see it all too clear!
Bugs has whomped the Oz's rear!!

Well, my boys probably have 7 or 8 hundred flies right now but the pitchers have all fell over from the weight of all the lake flies. I guess I have to Ggive you the trophy to you Bugman.

Never was a trophy, Oz. Strictly for fun.

I finished up the day with 56 flies, not very much, but considering there were only 3 plants with 8" pitchers at most, not very wide at all, not a bad day

I'M HERE, DUDE!!!! Missed out on alot.....

Well, today we have the annual Flava 500 nearing the end, with tensions as high as the layers of flies in these pitchers, and.. Oh my GOD sweet zombie Jesus we have a winner!! Bugweed zooms under the wire with a sweet 504 flies, WOOT! Somebody's gonna par-tayyy.

Back