What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Am i wierd ?

Hi All,
Last week I set up a mini bog on our deck and today just added some water to it.After I did I saw a fly land on my S. Judith Hindle and watched it climb around the outside. It had it's mouth/toungue out and was tasteing it's soon to be last meal.I kept telling it "go in the funnel"
It made the turn and sat at the lip and then went in. I could see it's head and then it must have lost it's footing and down into the acid pit it went.It all took maybe 10 minutes but sure was cool to watch.
 I know telling the story here amongst you folks will be fine,but, I know not to go to a bar telling the story,LOL
   Man, I love this hobby  
smile_n_32.gif

Mark W.

You'e just as weird as the next one on this forum! As FTG says, embrace the insanity!
smile_m_32.gif

YES
smile_n_32.gif

Scott, speak for yourself.
smile_n_32.gif

I have done the same.
I might have at one time or another over the years helped the fly to the correct location if not able to do it himself.

Not only are you weird, but I also imagine you dress funny.

That aside, I once watched a big fat fly drink nectar from the lip of a very skinny S. rubra. The fly got its head caught in the opening, and the only thing it could do was slowly force itself toward the bottom of the pitcher. A one way journey to nowhere--I reckon.

Brian

MMMWWAHHHH!!!! Hey at least you did not ask if your Psychotic. People seem obsessed with asking how many plants I have after saying individually about 300 and species a little over 100 they get a little frightened. I don't even have that many, yet. I have helped many a fire ant find their way into my inside plants "mouths". I love it. Die you evil.... Hmm a new story to tell in a bar or other place (whihc is more likely). I had not though of telling about the death of a bug. Good. Good.

My plants are all indoors, so I carry a jar in my coat pocket to catch bugs with to feed to them.

Sometimes its fun to backlight the pitcher or trap with a flashlight or similar and watch the bug struggle in sillouhette.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Brian_W @ May 31 2005,8:21)]Not only are you weird, but I also imagine you dress funny.
If memory serves correctly, I believe he is one of the two guys whose profile reads 'female' for gender. the other was a Pooplol.

Jim what one are you talking about?

I wasn't aware it said female so it is changed.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mark Wilson @ June 01 2005,5:05)]I wasn't aware it said female so it is changed.
Just checked the profile. You're still a female type person!
smile_n_32.gif

That's okay, we used to tease FTG about whether she was a girl or not.

Well, he's a boy now. (And I can't help but think of him as a post-op TG now.
smile.gif
)

What's a TG? He's still weird, right?
smile_m_32.gif

Trans-gender.

Though, I'm sure, only in my mind.

What all of you have a gender
smile_k_ani_32.gif

I thought you were all voices in my head
Just Kidding
smile_n_32.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]I thought you were all voices in my head
...O_O... You mean they're not?!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (jimscott @ June 01 2005,4:16)]If memory serves correctly, I believe he is one of the two guys whose profile reads 'female' for gender. the other was a Pooplol.
What's a pooplol? Is that some sort of internet slur?
~Joe

A Pooplol, jimscotscoot? Have you discovered another new species? ROTFLMAO

No, that's someone named Jeff or Joel or something like that. He/she's as real TF forum person. I just had to tease him about it - kinda like my typos.

I know, but it was the "a" part that was weird... "the other was a pooplol"... I don't care who you are, that's funny, right there.

First it was the martians now the pooplols. Whats next the venitians? Next thing you know well be invaded by Venus' Fly Traps. And then what? What if they think we're flys? Then we'll end up like that crazy bear person but instead of bear feces we'll be a chitinous skeleton
smile_k_ani_32.gif

Back