What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Planting darlingtonia on a stream

I thought I read somewhere on TF that darlingtonia was somewhat more resistant to mineral buildup than most other cps. Can anyone else comment?

i've never heard that but i know Nepenthes can are

BobZ photographed areas where the Darlingtonia was used as a landscape plant. JLAP is talking about introducing this plant to a natural stream ecosystem. The water from the stream is flowing somewhere. I don't know exactly where JLAP is located other than that I recall somewhere east of the rockies. It is not a good idea to seed any area with non indigenous plant material. Darlingtonia is way out of range anywhere east of the rockies and the enironment described just might be "too" hospitable in that the roots of the plant would be constantly cooled. Just my opinion.

15-20 minutes away.. it's an amazing sight!

Wow.

Don't tell anyone where it is
smile_l_32.gif

no

what's neat is that it's RIGHT NEXT time a campground though. no one would ever know it there because of the treese around it.

i knew that species was in the area and i had to ask around to find it.

I wish we had cool water here in south Louisiana..... even a cold shower comes out at about 80F !!
smile_n_32.gif

All of my Dalingtonia I moved across country from Seattle died during the first here.:( I even tried watering with RO ice cubes daily, but the heat overcame that. I now have some seeds thanks to wicked thistle. I am looking for a chiller.. I hope that works!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (CP30 @ July 11 2005,9:45)]I wish we had cool water here in south Louisiana..... even a cold shower comes out at about 80F !!
smile_n_32.gif
Ewwww! I've been to New Orleans & Monroe - way too hot and humid for my tastes!

Back