What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Uh oh...

• Thread starter Dyflam
  • Start date
This plant was loaded with wasps.

S_leuco_wasp_web.jpg

There he is...looking out the window...wishing he were out there flying free with the birds...and saying "Help me! Help me!"

Nice pic Dyflam.
smile.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (PlantAKiss @ June 28 2005,1:01)]There he is...looking out the window...wishing he were out there flying free with the birds...and saying "Help me!  Help me!"

Nice pic Dyflam.  
smile.gif
Just like in that old movie called, "The Fly".

My new discovery...S. Purpurea are earwig hotels.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (aprilh @ June 28 2005,7:10)]My new discovery...S. Purpurea are earwig hotels.
Uh, what's an earwig, April? If I sleep with my S. purpurea near my ear will I have a problem?
smile_k_ani_32.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (JBL @ June 28 2005,7:21)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (aprilh @ June 28 2005,7:10)]My new discovery...S. Purpurea are earwig hotels.
Uh, what's an earwig, April? If I sleep with my S. purpurea near my ear will I have a problem?
smile_k_ani_32.gif
You'll just wake up with hairy ears.
smile_k_ani_32.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Dyflam @ June 28 2005,7:47)][You'll just wake up with hairy ears.
smile_k_ani_32.gif
LOL--already got those!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (aprilh @ June 28 2005,5:10)]My new discovery...S. Purpurea are earwig hotels.
Hopefully it's with one-way doors. They can always check-in, but can never checkout.
smile.gif

Yeah...I hate those things but not as much as a camelback cricket....
confused.gif

Whats so bad about Camel crickets? They're cool looking and fun to pick up and give to your plants!

JBL..earwigs are these little bugs that are about an inch long and have "pinchers" at the rear. allegedly, and this is an old wive's tale, they would crawl into your ear at night and lay their eggs in your ear canal...and
when they hatched, they would eat your brain, or something like that.

Earwigs take care of their young, so they're kind of an advanced insect. They like moist environments with rotting wood, or humus.

I get great joy out of flicking them off the blossoms of the flowers in my garden, when I go out at night. They really like the blossoms of Echinacea Purpurea and New York Ironweed.

Back