What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cause of sarr root root

Sarr root rot is when the new roots rot as they replace the old ones. My S. flava var. cuprea is unfortunatly a victum along with another sarr at another time. This simptom commonly happens when the plant is water logged for several weeks (unfortunatly I didi not know about this waterlogging. I think root rot is caused by a fungus adn probibly boyitris (sp?) since that appeared a coupl days after I put the plant in water.
Oha dn what chemical do I use to treat the plant with again?

i'd repot and treat it like a cutting. cut off anything dead.

fungicide couldn't hurt. dunno any specific ones for that problem though.

I'll try that in a couple minutes.

Tre, why were your plants so inundated with water?

-Homer

It's been raining like the blazes for weeks. My garden is practially underwater. I have to watch out for snakes when I go out 'cause they are all trying to escape the torrential downpour.
Well the good news is I'll have places to put all my plants fromt eh nursery b.c all my other plants will have drwon, except my cps.

Jeese. Where do you live, in a like bed?
confused.gif
You might try renting a water pump from home depot or somewhere if you really wanted to. Exactly where is the water building up?

NE Florida. It's ironic b/c we have such sandy soil. The road behind me is S.R. 13 whch runs along the St. Johns river. All the area streams and (I think sewers) pour into the river which is already high so water is comming back up the sewers rather then going down. Well I guess it is going to stop sprinkling soon. The humidity is back up to near 90%

Back