What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cobra lily

Does anyone know how anything about these? Would I be able to grow them in Wisconsin?

Sure, no problems. Plant them out in peat (or live sphagnum moss, which I find is better) and watch them grow. Keep them wet though.

They can take severe cold in winter too.

Oh yes, Darlingtonia! I just cut 10 new stolons off one of my parent plants yesterday, so I'm stoked. I'll tell you what though, it sure reeked
smile_t_32.gif
Nothing like the poignant smell of rotting insects in a Cobra Lily...

Anyway, yeah, like Alvin stated, "no problems". Cool summer nights are beneficial.

-Homer

This is what I am experimenting with:Re-inspired by BobZ's picture a couple weeks ago in another topic, I decided to buy yet another Lowes cube of Cobra Lily. first I had to get rid of, I mean re-pot the VFT & D. adelae.

I thought I had this cobra lily thing beat when I has seedlings in a mini-bog setup. They were doing just fine until I decided to take some advice and poke drainage holes in the pail, toward the bottom. Within a week, they all shriveled up.

I am re-visiting a former failed variable - the infamous stream. I have made modifications. I am still using a Sterilite container, with all those holes. but this time, I put the cobra lily in a larger pot, with that plastic collar still emplaced, to hold everything in. But now I have rocks - BIG ROCKS - weighing down the Sterilite - like 30 lbs worth. I also put smaller stones on top of the collar, covering as much as I can. It aint going anywhere this time!!! I now achieved cool, running water over its roots, and a bit more permanence.

Wish me luck!

Back