What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Leucophylla questions

My S. Leucophylla pitchers have all mostly died off after receiving them a month ago. There have been no new pitchers but an abundance of the non-carnivorous leaves. I have read that Leucos flourish in the fall as my Dana's Delight is doing very well. Is my S. Leuco's clock off?

I doubt it. S. leucophylla sometimes send up phyllodia before the new pitcher onslaught. Be ready and be patient. You may be pleasantly suprised.

Since I've recieved my Leuco's from Cobraplants in May, I have not seen one phyllodia leaf on my plant. It keeps sending up new pitchers and each pitcher is bigger than the one before it. I wonder if normal Leuco's do this and it's a Tarnok thing?

Don't worry, O71. One day you will experience it. Here, we had the wettest and coldest spring I have ever seen, and most of my s. leucophylla grew only phyllodes. Same for the summer transition. More phyllodes. Different stresses on the plant can cause it to do this. I do have pitchers too right now, so they can phyllode all they want. At least they are eating.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Bugweed @ Aug. 05 2005,10:22)]I doubt it. S. leucophylla sometimes send up phyllodia before the new pitcher onslaught. Be ready and be patient. You may be pleasantly suprised.
Ah, very good to know. I figure something's bound to happen as the phyllodia is growing very quickly. Patience is something I'm gradually acquiring with these guys so I don't mind the wait  
smile.gif

do phyllodia have that little notch on them near the top like the growing carnivorous leaves do before they open to?

Not usually, but sometimes, yes.

Back