What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Heliamphora pics

I moved my heliamphora to a new tank today, so I thought I'd take some pics. The old terrarium was a little tent-shaped thing and they started to get crushed agains the top.

Here's the tank. I'm not using a top right now, and it's under some fluorescent tubes and a fluorex. The nepenthes is N. thorelli x aristolochioides.

Heliamphora_tank.sized.jpg

Here is H. neblinae:
H_neblinae.sized.jpg

Here is H. ionsaii and H. heterodoxa on the right:
H_ionsaii.sized.jpg

And finally, this alien-looking thing keeps coming in and bugging me. It's my brother's dog, Bud.
Bud.sized.jpg

Capslock

Max, the Helis look like a green hand! Beautiful! Lotsa LFS. I wonder what Bud is thinking.

What else, Jim? "Gotta cookie?"

I'd kill for the largest heli....well, maybe just maim!
smile_m_32.gif
\

Very nice growing.

Very nice.
I hope my heliamphora turn out that nice. They have been reluctant to grow for me.

I'd kill for that N. thorelii x truncata !
biggrin.gif
Man, I used to have a large neblinae like that, but I let it die like a stupid head
mad.gif

Capslock, you have a great setup.

Nice dog! Are you see two pitcher on his head ??
What's species for this pitcher?
Bud.sized.jpg

Capslock: What kind of relfective backing do you use for your setup? Also, where did you buy it?

they all look beter than my lil guy, what are you using for lighting? i think thats where my problem is.

rattler,
They are under fluorescent tubes and a fluorex fixture. I have two tubes along the back of the shelf and two fluorex fixtures along the front. It's pretty bright, but most of all, it's a cool spot. The temps are generally 58-72 degrees, and it's humid. I think they like that.

LLeopardGecko, the reflective backing is mylar that I bought a local indoor gardening store. You should be able to find it online if there are no hydroponics or specialty gardening stores around. Maybe Home Depot or someting has it, too, but I'm not sure.

sam, those pitchers are N. 'French Bulldogii'
laugh.gif

Capslock

Back