What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Development of cephalotus

Greetings,

I received the following Cephalotus as a division from a larger plant on April 1.  The 2 pitchers in the center were still green and had their lids closed.  As soon as they opened, I knew the plant had recovered and was ready to grow.
ceph1.jpg

This photo was taken 2 months later and at a slightly different angle.  The new pitchers are rapidly developing.
ceph2.jpg

"Pop"
ceph3.jpg

Enjoy,
Brian

Very nice.
What kind of lighting does the plant get?

Nice color. Is it kept outside?

Nice color. Is it kept outside?

It would fry up outside here in Montana. I use a standard 4 tube 40 watt fluorescent unit. The lights are 50% cool white, 50% grow lights. I keep the plant 8" from the lights. I moved it 6" below the lights last week and the new pitchers turned deep purple/black.

Brian

Very nicely grown!

And on a similar note, I SUCK at growing Cephalotus
smile_n_32.gif

looks better than mine. you guys get any rain down there lately Brian? its been nice and cool up here for the last week. Sunday was almost to chilly for the girls to swim in the lake, i didnt mind it though. i may be down your way over Labor Day, my lil sis is going to go to college down there and i may have to help move her. i hope not though, im headed to Edmonton this week, Great falls next week, not sure if i want to hit Billings the weekend after that.

Back