What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TF Rendezvous in Portland, OR

I will be doing another "adopt a sarracenia" program, bringing a tray full for giveaway. I did not get to dividing up my VFT clumps, but hopefully will have some divisions at next months meet.

Looking forward to seeing everyone there, missed the last one.

And here's the October photos

Wow! It was a great get-together last Saturday with numerous new attendees. And lots of giveaway plants, too! Not to mention lovely "show and tell" plants.

PA087853.jpg

PA087854.jpg

Sweet giveaway Sarrs.

PA087855.jpg

Lovely giveaway sundews.

PA087856.jpg

And giveaway Nepenthes.

PA087857.jpg

Beautiful hybrid Sarracenia. 'Wish I had a better photo of these.

PA087858.jpg

Drosera cuneifolia and D. lanata.

PA087861%20-%20Copy.jpg

Pretty blooming butterwort. Pinguicula 'Gina'.

PA087863.jpg

A very happy Nepenthes sanguinea.

PA087859.jpg

I'm not sure which of the Sarracenia purpurea group this is, but I like it.

PA087862.jpg

Awesome book!

Thanks for taking pics bluemax! I didn't take many pics but here is my favorite from the meetup. I was pleased to see a decent showing of Pinguicula this meeting! Benurmanii's P. lusitanica:
3wcQU84.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for the pic scatter! Glad it had some fans :)

Also, my skinny leg alert :lol: Really don't notice how slender I am until I see myself in a picture lol.

Thanks for the photo, Scatterpants. I often miss good stuff and it is nice to see others' perspectives.

Great photos, that ping books cover has seen better days, I have both volumes and yes they are awesome

Mark

Thanks so much as always bluemax for documenting everything going on at these meets, and what a meet it was!

So many new faces, so much energy, and best of all...so many plants!

Just posting the monthly notice that next Saturday is the meeting day for November. It ought to be a lot of fun! :)

What happens at these meetings? I have never been to one.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

We just hang out and talk about plants. People bring plants to show others or to give away. Some people have a few drinks or grab dinner while we're there too.

We just hang out and talk about plants. People bring plants to show others or to give away. Some people have a few drinks or grab dinner while we're there too.
Cool

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Uuhhhhhhhggg the suspense is killing me!

For a past history of what has gone on it is worth thumbing through this thread to have a look. Basic location info and the story of how we got started are on the first page.

I'll be there hopefully!

I'll also have some D. occidentalis x pulchella gemmae to give away and maybe some D. finlaysoniana seeds :D

Additionally, I have an extra pot of ~10 D. callistos brookton form pygmies I started a few weeks ago. These will also be available so I can save some space and not have duplicates.

Last edited:
I will be bringing packets of sarr seed for giveaway.

See ya all soon!

Seems like 'tis the giveaway season. I will have P. lusitanica seeds, P. chilensis (some of these are reserved for people so we'll see how long they last. I suspect to have more chilensis seeds than lusitanica if a few more seedpods are ready to harvest by sat), as well as D. madagascariensis seeds. Of course, I won't forget to bring a bunch of cool plants to ogle at :p

I can also bring some D. scorpidioides gemmae and D. pulchella gemmae if anyone is interested.

Last edited:
I am interested! I used grabbed a little light to make a plant shelf so any Pygmy sundews rosetted sundews or pings would be greatly appreciated!!!

Was this still held at the bar/pub mentioned in the first post of this thread? Not sure if d capensis is the gateway drug to get into other carnivorous plants, and everyone has one already, but I have about 2 dozen small plants and a couple thousand seeds I was getting ready to toss. I figure 200 plants is more than enough for me.

Everything in the first post is still accurate. Attempts have been made to change it (the time especially) in the past but the meetup is not exclusive to this forum and it would be nearly impossible to notify everyone involved of any change.

November's photos

We chose to sit outside, probably for the last time for awhile, and enjoyed the fresh air and good-spirited conversation. There were lots of great plants to show and many seeds for give away. Here's what I got:

Orchids!
PB127865.jpg

PB127867.jpg

PB127866.jpg

And collected cps.
PB127872.jpg

PB127871.jpg

Drosera graomogolensis
PB127873.jpg

Genlisea flowers
PB127874.jpg

Nepenthes robcantley