What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TF Rendezvous in Portland, OR

The get-together was attended by TF members Bluemax, Jawn, Kinjie, N. Kuzmata, Mato, Newpaperfort, Whimgrinder, and DJ57. It was a great get-together and all had a good time. Good food, good drink, and good conversation!

Some pics of the event and some of the plants that also attended:

8418381341_ff37244573.jpg
[/url][/IMG]
8419477822_750a8c823c.jpg
[/url][/IMG]
8419477198_e8634a04ba.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

IMG_4577x1 by Djoni C, on Flickr
8418381129_2477a1b664.jpg
[/url][/IMG]
8418381119_a46c5887d8.jpg
[/url][/IMG]
8418380963_de4115ac72.jpg
[/url][/IMG]
8418380917_f845aec087.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

Last edited:
Looks like it was a very enjoyable time. ;)

What is the tallest sarr?

Looks like it was a very enjoyable time. ;)

What is the tallest sarr?

It was a lot of fun.

I believe that sarr is an S. flava x S. minor. The one next to it is an S. catesbaei. The small one is an S. Jonesii.

Which one is my boy Kuzma?

The beard looks good that length Mat.

Which one is my boy Kuzma?

The beard looks good that length Mat.

The one with the gray baseball cap sitting across from Mat and Whimgrinder.

That was my guess. Since I knew pretty much all the other faces.

So quick to get those pics posted, Dj. Nicely done. I had a great time!

looks like fun and a good turn out too,think paul has beard of the month in the bag :-D

looks like fun and a good turn out too,think paul has beard of the month in the bag :-D

He gets my vote, too, despite also being in competition for that title. :-D

'Young's Double Chocolate Stout' sounds interesting :)

Nothing beats the combination of beer, pub food, and CPs. Definitely a great time.
I'm also enjoying the fact that the group seems to grow larger at each subsequent meeting.

Until next time, everyone..

Couldn't agree more with everyones comments. It was Great to finally meet Paul and Jawn in person and thanks everybody for all that great giveaway's. I couldn't ask for a better group of CP'ers to meet up with!

You guys go on outdoor excursions too?

You guys go on outdoor excursions too?

There has been some discussion about doing group trips to cp-oriented destinations. If anyone wants to propose and organize such a thing I'm sure there would be some interest.

I haven't run this by anyone in private yet, but I thought it might be a good idea to hold our next meeting (unless we meet sooner) among members of the other, much more obsessed hobby: the orchidophiles.

On April 20th and 21st, the Oregon Orchid Society are holding their annual orchid show and sale at the Ambridge Event Center @ 1333 NE MLK Blvd, Portland, OR.
It's $9 at the door, or $6 if you print off the coupon found at their website: http://oregonorchidsociety.org/2013-oregon-orchid-show-portland-or

I suppose we could all work out which day we'd like to attend and then meet up for lunch afterwards.

Anyway, let me know what you all think.

- Mat

That sounds good to me, Mato. With the exception that I would prefer meeting between now and then as well - late April is a ways off yet. 'Been wanting to hit another Portland orchid show for awhile now.

I was already looking to attend that show, so I'd def be down for a rendezvous Mat. Hope you guys have been well

That sounds good to me, Mato. With the exception that I would prefer meeting between now and then as well - late April is a ways off yet. 'Been wanting to hit another Portland orchid show for awhile now.

Feb. or March?

I was already looking to attend that show, so I'd def be down for a rendezvous Mat. Hope you guys have been well

Cool, I will see you there. I'm sure Andy will have some pretty incredible minis as usual.

Also, the Clackamas Spring Garden Fair is in May (looking ahead..), which is a pretty incredible event. We might also consider meeting at that one.

@ Mato: Maybe early March? Yeah, I'd like to do the Spring Garden Fair again. The last one was so big and amazing that I didn't even have enough time to see it all.

@Jawn: Hope you've been doing well, too. :)

Back