Informational! Informational!:  10
Likes Likes:  41
Page 58 of 89 FirstFirst ... 84854555657585960616268 ... LastLast

Thread: TF Rendezvous in Portland, OR

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i'll be there too. i might have a few seeds, we'll see how my collecting skills are.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nimbulan View Post
    I have a variety of Drosera, Dionaea, and even some Sarracenia seeds. Speaking of which, any advice on getting seeds out of a D. filiformis flower stalk? The seed pods are quite hard.
    If the filiformis seed pods are still hard it means they are not mature yet and will open on their own when mature. Even if you miss their opening, there is usually plenty of seed left in the pods for you to collect. If the plants are outside and have formed hibernacula, likely the pods will never mature. If actively growing inside, wait until the pods are softer and try opening them with slight pressure and twisting the pod between your fingers, or cut the flower stalks and put them into a container and wait for them to open on their own - but they have to be far enough along in maturity for this to work.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh I cut the flower stalks off 2 months ago after they were completely brown. I didn't have any trouble with D. intermedia.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Might be you cut the stalks too early. Cut them open and see if there are any developed seeds in them. If not and you want some filiformis seed, I can bring a bunch to the meet for you tomorrow? These are seed from my 'Portland Sunrise' plants.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh I've gotten some seeds out, it's just hard work doing so. I certainly wouldn't mind some 'Portland Sunrise' seeds if you have some available. I'd curious to see the differences between them and a typical D. filiformis.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will bring some. Note though that some of the seedlings may not meet the description of 'Portland Sunrise' so you will have to be careful to label them correctly when they are mature.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My house is experiencing some minor basement flooding that we have to clean up. I probably won't make it unless my mom is willing to take me... Have a great meeting!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)