What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TF Rendezvous in Portland, OR

mato

BANNED
Hi everyone,

This weekend, DJ57 (Djoni), bluemax (Mark), and I will be meeting at a local pub/restaurant for a casual discussion about plants, TF, life, etc.. and would like anyone else in the area to join us, if possible. The three of us have already gotten together several times and feel that our Portland plant triangle should expand into some sort of multi-sided polygon. We encourage you to bring a plant or two if you'd like - as we'll probably do the same - but if not, that's fine, too.

We will be meeting at Moon & Sixpence British Pub (2014 NE 42nd Ave, Portland, OR) at 3 p.m. on Sunday, August 12th. See edit below

Remember, this is just a casual meeting of like-minded CP enthusiasts and will not have any of the formalities of a CP Society meeting (although we could evolve into one if the interest is there).

- Mat

We now meet the second Saturday of each month at 3 p.m. at the location mentioned above.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ahhh, dammit. I would have come if I'd known about this a week sooner :-(

I foresee many similar events happening in the future. I could simply keep this thread alive and add a new date every time we meet again, perhaps?

This is cool. About four years too late for me though!

I don't move to corvallis until september 16th :-(

I don't move to corvallis until september 16th :-(

I'm guessing that we'll be meeting from time to time after that, too. We could just update this thread.

By the way - nice job, Mato!

Darn I just barely got back from that area. I sure do love western Oregon. Have a drink for me.

About two weeks too late for me, just moved cross country.

should have a meeting in Albany Corvallis area sometimes

should have a meeting in Albany Corvallis area sometimes

Any one of us is free to organize such a thing. No need to wait for someone else to do it ;-)

Hi everyone,

I've just copied/pasted the first post on this thread to accomodate another get together we're having. The dates are the only thing that have changed.

In two weeks, DJ57 (Djoni), bluemax (Mark), and I will be meeting at a local pub/restaurant for a casual discussion about plants, TF, life, etc.. and would like anyone else in the area to join us, if possible. The three of us have already gotten together several times and feel that our Portland plant triangle should expand into some sort of multi-sided polygon. We encourage you to bring a plant or two if you'd like - as we'll probably do the same - but if not, that's fine, too.

We will be meeting at Moon & Sixpence British Pub (2014 NE 42nd Ave, Portland, OR) at 3 p.m. on Sunday, September 30th.

Remember, this is just a casual meeting of like-minded CP enthusiasts and will not have any of the formalities of a CP Society meeting (although we could evolve into one if the interest is there).

- Mat

So I was hoping to make it.. But I totally forgot I will be in Texas for a marine aquarium conference/expo for my store from the 27th til the 31st... So I wont be able to make it :(

My kickball game should be ending right around three, so I'll certainly show up but just a tad late.
Are these plants for exchange or just for show?

I had so much fun in Texas Brie, I hope you do the same. ( I was in San Antonio.) Man i wish I could return to Pupusas y Mas...

Nicely put, Mato.

NewspaperFort: Maybe some for show, maybe some to exchange or give away. 'Depends on what people show up with. It's often a good place to find a good home for plants that there is no room for.

In the not-quite-immortal words of Emerson, Lake and Palmer: "I'll be there, I'll be there, I will be there!"

What he said, :D

Bump. Today's the day.

Unfortunately circumstances prevent me from joining you....again :-( Next round, I hope. Have a good meet-up.

We'll be meeting at the Moon and Sixpence at 3 p.m. today, if anyone would like to join us.

Hi everyone,

I've just copied/pasted the first post on this thread to accomodate another get together we're having. The dates are the only thing that have changed.

In two weeks, DJ57 (Djoni), bluemax (Mark), and I will be meeting at a local pub/restaurant for a casual discussion about plants, TF, life, etc.. and would like anyone else in the area to join us, if possible. The three of us have already gotten together several times and feel that our Portland plant triangle should expand into some sort of multi-sided polygon. We encourage you to bring a plant or two if you'd like - as we'll probably do the same - but if not, that's fine, too.

We will be meeting at Moon & Sixpence British Pub (2014 NE 42nd Ave, Portland, OR) at 3 p.m. on Saturday, Dec. 15th.

- Mat

"Portland plant triangle should expand into some sort of multi-sided polygon" eventually it will be a circle like that guy who derived the approximation for pi :p

Back