What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TF Rendezvous in Portland, OR

look forward to seeing ya next weekend! might hit the garden show beforehand so i
ll likely not bring any (carnivorous) plants.
mark! just got the fan in the set up this week and everythings looking great.

Same here. Hopefully it's nice enough to meet outside again!

I'm planning on being there, too. I almost missed the recent entries in midst of all the auction excitement.

@Newspaperfort - 'glad to hear about the fan. I have just recently cut mine back a bit in speed but I consider some circulation in the hot tank terra to be pretty much essential.

Hello again, everyone. Remember, the meeting is at 3 pm today at the usual dive!

I would be going except I have a funeral to attend this weekend.

@D_muscipula - Sorry to hear about the funeral. 'Hope to see you the next time, tho'. It will be the second Sat. of every month from now on.

To all who attended today - it was a blast, as always. 'See you online and the next time around!

So.....I have it in my calendar that we're also supposed to meet at next weekends PDX orchid show. Is that still happening?

Last edited:
I believe mato and I are both definites for the orchid show. I can't speak for anyone else though. Paul are you definitely going either way?

Great seeing you guys yesterday, as always.

I'm undecided at this point. It depends on how many people decide to attend. The main motivation for attending was to spend time with people I know.....the orchid show.....well, I've attended many over the years and its far less of a draw for me than the social aspect. Ya know?

I am planning on being there. 'Haven't attended one in years and I am looking forward to it. Of course I'd totally enjoy the company of any other cp growers who are also there.

I wish I could go if I wasnt 19 hours away :(

I will be there on Saturday - the time depending on whether or not an order of plants arrives that day. I would be happy to go out afterwards to socialize a bit, but perhaps not a bar this time (Sunday was a headache to remember).

It seems next month will be pretty busy plant-wise:

May 4th & 5th Canby Spring Garden Fair

May 11th Monthly CP Meeting

May 18th Visit to a renowned Sarracenia nursery in Washington

Don't feel bad if that sounds like too much! ;)

Yow! That is a lot. But it's spring and a lot is happening in the horticultural world at this time of year. I don't think I'll be there for all of it.

O.k. Concerning tomorrow's orchid show. What time are people planning on being there? The host says it will run from 10:00 to 5:00. I can make it by 11:00 but I can bend that a bit to meet up.

I haven't discussed times with anybody else, but I think I'll be there between 11:30 and noon. Should be a good time, looking forward to seeing you Mark, Mat and anyone else who ventures out. Do they allow cameras inside? (I imagine so given today's smartphones. Wondering about SLR's though)

Okay, better late than never. Some pics of plants in attendance at the April Porltand rendezvous, which was a wonderful time as usual. Good food, drink, and throw in some plants.

8690720580_95472670e1.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

8689598583_92ba4282b0.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

8690720242_f350c91b2e.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

8690720362_457e88e271.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

8689598433_cdbdcc4ea8.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

Next rendezvous on May 11, hope to see everyone there!

May will be a busy month!

Nice shots, DJ! You always make my plants look good. And my stout.

So - who else is planning on attending the Spring Garden Fair? I expect to be there on Sat May 4. It was an amazing thing last year and I wished I had more time. This year I will. For those not familiar or needing more info the link is here: http://www.cmastergardeners.org/SpringGardenFair.htm

Count me in, Mark.

Back