What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TF Rendezvous in Portland, OR

I plan on being there. And I might have convinced one other Portlander to show up.

I plan on being there. And I might have convinced one other Portlander to show up.

Great! We'll be looking forward to seeing you there.

:-D See ya all there! Jacob says he is planning on attending also.

I posted the usual message about the meeting on the PSU biology list serv, so hopefully there are some unfamiliar faces.

See you all tomorrow.

Had fun, guys. Hope to see such a robust turnout again next month!

Yes, that was a good time! Thanks to all who showed.

The next meeting will be Saturday the 8th. Hope to see a decent turn-out again!

I plan to be there, arriving in the infamous Black Pontiac. A splendid time is guaranteed for all.

Last edited:
Ha, "The Car"!

Sadly, I will miss this meet also as I won't be back in town until Tuesday :-( but I will be there in spirit. Have a good time and a beer for me guys.

Starting to think I wont be making it this month. It appears the driving conditions might make it a little to dangerous

/me looks out the window, leaves the car where it is.

Yeah, let's play this one by ear, guys. I don't want anyone risking their safety if it's icy.

The meetings aren't that fun!

Agreed. Looks like winter is finally working its will here in SW Washington and the northern Willamette Valley. Paul, I can hear you cussing all the way over here in Vancouver!

Agreed. Looks like winter is finally working its will here in SW Washington and the northern Willamette Valley. Paul, I can hear you cussing all the way over here in Vancouver!

Ahh, it's not SO bad....just a bit of a shock to get 14" of snow in six hours. Very un-valley like.

Ahh, it's not SO bad....just a bit of a shock to get 14" of snow in six hours. Very un-valley like.

Meaning no disrespect, my friend. Fourteen inches of snow is a lot in anyone's book!

Meeting postponed

It has been decided to postpone tomorrow's (Sat. Feb. 8) meeting to the following Saturday, Feb 15. I hope that works for everyone. Driving in this sort of wintery weather is perilous and just not worth the risks.

'Hope to see everyone next Saturday!

See:
20140207-190422.jpg

'Looks like the snow was brought in by enormous dump-trucks!

We've got about 6" of the white stuff here in the northern part of the region and it's still coming down.

I was fully planning to show up but my entire saturday was snowed out. I live over in the west hills. I am very excited to hear it has been moved to next week?! I still think it should be third saturday anyways ;) see you all on the fifteenth

Back