What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TF Rendezvous in Portland, OR

^ Those are my thoughts as well. The Edgefield is a great idea but I don't think everyone who comes to the meetings necessarily looks at this thread regularly. Just 2 days away we risk those who need to hear it not getting word.

We can do the regular meet up at the moon and maybe hash it out there this Sat.

One last journey to the Moon Paul?

Phaedra, Jerry Addington's "Daughter" told me she will be there with several Of Jerry's plants for sale/poss giveaway. If there are any of Jerry's sarr you specifically want me to ask her to bring PM me.

That sounds very cool. :)

We can do the regular meet up at the moon and maybe hash it out there this Sat.

One last journey to the Moon Paul?

Don't change it for my sake -- I now have plans for the weekend; friends visiting for a few days.

Sent the standard message to the PSU biology listserv. Already one confirmed new face from school will be there.

Also, just got this message from Jacob Farin, "Mat, let folks know I got a bunch of rhizomes to give away tomorrow. See you then."

Should be a good one!

Last edited:
'Sure sounds like it!

What time do you guys meet? Im thinking of showing up!

@Rob - We meet at 3:00 PM when the pub opens. There's more basic info on the first post of this thread. We now meet on the second Saturday of each month.

I just wanted to note that the meeting was a rousing success. People are, of course, free to leave whenever they want but it went on for over 4 hours. I think I counted 16 of us? Jeff and Jacob very kindly handed out beautiful large sarr rhizomes and we saw some great plants there.

You might be thinking this sounds great but you don't have any such group near you. If so, our group just started with 3 people who liked to have coffee and talk CPs. The format we use doesn't take a lot of organization. But we certainly have a good time.

April meeting announcement

We've decided to have the April meeting at the Moon and Sixpence, as normal on April 12 at 3:00 PM. 'Hope to see you there.

The May meeting is to be held at the Edgefield in Troutdale. This allows us time to consider a different meeting time and other details. Suggestions?

We also hope to get contact info for everyone (something we should have done ages ago), since a large portion of the members don't use this forum. Hopefully that will make things easier for everyone.

I'm bumping this up so everyone interested gets a chance to look at this month's meeting plans in the last two posts. 'Just one week from today!

Last edited:
I'll be posting on the listserv tomorrow or Friday. The weather looks like it will be nice..

'Sounds good, Mat.

'Just got word that Jacob is planning on bringing some Nepenthes 'poi dog' cuttings/plants for give away. :) The weather forecast I saw is for dry and 70 F. so maybe we can sit outside for a change.

Last edited:
See you guys at 3!

Due to popular choice it has been decided that we will meet at the Moon and Sixpence for the May meeting. This will be on Saturday, May 10.

Just bumping this up to remind everyone the meeting is this Saturday!

Looks like we might have a rainy meeting, but you never know. See you all there.

I'll see everyone there! Also, if anyone has a spare Sarracenia flava rugelii with a very prominent, solid throat splotch, bring it! I'll trade/buy it from you

Even though most of our members are on Facebook and already aware, I just wanted to give a last minute heads-up that the meeting is today at 3.

See you all there!

Back