What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TF Rendezvous in Portland, OR

Change of plans!

Last edited:
Regarding the meeting on June 14th, people have been asking me if we'll be making a field trip to the bogs around Mt. Hood. I'm not sure that many members are participating in this thread, but I thought I'd pose the question here first: Does Sunday the 15th sound like a good day to go out into the field? I would suggest we do this on the day of the meeting, but the recurring problem of not notifying everyone and therefore allowing people to show up to an empty meeting is something I would like to avoid.

Anyway, let me know what you think! (Mark, Djoni, Barclay, and whoever still checks this?)

I'm all for field trips - we have had some really good ones in the past. But I would prefer to see the pub meetings continue monthly in addition. However, I will bow to the will of the majority.

I would really love to go to see the Drosera in the wild but Sunday the 15th is moving day for me to go back up north for seasonal work. I am scheduled to start work on Monday the 16th.

Last edited:
Just a reminder that this Saturday is the second Sat. of the month and the day for the June CP meeting at the Moon and Sixpence at 3:00 PM. Everybody's welcome!

I have to take my dog to the vet at 2 (routine check-up), but I'll hopefully be there at 3.

See you guys later today

Mt hood

Regarding the meeting on June 14th, people have been asking me if we'll be making a field trip to the bogs around Mt. Hood. I'm not sure that many members are participating in this thread, but I thought I'd pose the question here first: Does Sunday the 15th sound like a good day to go out into the field? I would suggest we do this on the day of the meeting, but the recurring problem of not notifying everyone and therefore allowing people to show up to an empty meeting is something I would like to avoid.

Anyway, let me know what you think! (Mark, Djoni, Barclay, and whoever still checks this?)

Heyyy. Sunday is Fathers day so the Mt Hood trip doesnt work for me so well. I want to go! really any other day (weekdays after two, any time on weekends not on family holidays ;])
also, yeah. dont check this much haha
you supposedly have my number~
I want to go so bad!

While it's pretty late in the game - this Saturday is the second Sat. of the month and you know what that means! Several of us are going to the open house at SNW and then we'll be there at the Moon and Sixpence around 3:00. 'Hope to see you there!

See you guys there!

Enjoyed the gin and tonics, Mark!

'Just wanted to point out that this upcoming Saturday, Aug. 9, is the second Saturday of the month and thus the day of our Carnivorous Plants meeting at the Moon and Sixpence Pub. Everyone's welcome!

Last edited:
'Just wanted to point out that this upcoming Saturday, Aug. 9, is the second Saturday of the month and thus the day of our Carnivorous Plants meeting at the Moon and Sixpence Pub. Everyone's welcome!

I am 17 years old. I am getting rid of some of my cps. Can I sell them at the meeting?

I am 17 years old. I am getting rid of some of my cps. Can I sell them at the meeting?

It's difficult to say how many people will show up to each meeting, ranging anywhere from two to twenty. Although we usually just give things away, people have sold plants there in the past, so feel free to do so. The Moon and Sixpence is open to all ages.

Meeting is tomorrow, guys. Expecting a half decent turnout this time!

Moon and Sixpence Pub - here we come!

That was great! Ah, summertime. Sitting out of doors in the shade, sipping ale and looking at and talking carnivores is hard to beat.

Great turn out. Wish I'd stayed longer!

This Saturday is the second Sat. of the month and that means our monthly get-together at the Moon and Sixpence Pub will be happening, at 3:00 PM. Full directions are in the early posts of this thread. All are welcome!

Small but very enjoyable meeting, guys. Should do it again like that sooner than later!

And here it comes again! Sat. at 3:00, all are welcome!

Someone is trying to drag me to the coast this weekend, but I'll try to weasel my way out. Might be one of the last, nice outdoor meetings of the year!

Back