What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TF Rendezvous in Portland, OR

And, no doubt, sitting behind some mind-blowingly cool Nepenthes plant. ;)

Yeah, Mat never disappoints...but no pressure Mat :-))

I will be bringing along some P. gigantea plants in desparate need of a proper home.

Yeah, Mat never disappoints...but no pressure Mat :-))

sxxachD.gif

:lol:

Great meeting, guys. I've already napped and passed most of the booze from my system - a testament to how early our meetings are.

Now lets see some pictures.

Now lets see some pictures.

They're coming but I might need a day or two so stay tuned! We had awesome and amazing plants show up.

What a blast that was, can't wait for January's meeting.

December's photos

O.k. I promised photos of amazing plants - I didn't say they would be amazing photos. Taking close-ups in dim light on the fly takes some practice, I'm getting. Just the same I hope you enjoy!

PC136569.jpg

Awesome neps...

PC136576.jpg

PC136577.jpg

PC136560.jpg

PC136581.jpg

Beautiful, blooming helis...

PC136566.jpg

PC136559.jpg

And local characters.

PC136578.jpg

PC136575.jpg

This amazing, huge ball of Cephalotus had pitchers easily 3" tall which maybe gives an idea of how large it is.

PC136572.jpg

P. 'titan' flowers

bde7901e-3282-4daf-8ca2-3acf3ee54086.jpg

Last edited:
Nice pics Mark, thanx for posting them! Amazing plants that showed up, also amazing people the plants brought with them. :beer:

Just a quick update to let everyone interested know that next Saturday, Jan 10, is our next meeting. We will be at the Moon and Sixpence pub beginning at 3:00 PM. If you need particulars look at the first few posts on this thread. For those who can't come I will post photos of the plants that show up. I already know of a few that will be there. :woot:

Last edited:
Thanks for the confirmation. I'm a fairly new grower and thought I'd stop by to chat with you guys about growing carnivorous plants in this area. I'm assuming it won't be difficult to find you guys inside the pub. Where is a good place to park around there?

If you get there around 3, parking isn't terrible. I have never had a problem finding a spot in the surrounding block. There is a lot right across the road from the pub, but it seems to fill up fairly fast.

Thanks for the confirmation. I'm a fairly new grower and thought I'd stop by to chat with you guys about growing carnivorous plants in this area. I'm assuming it won't be difficult to find you guys inside the pub. Where is a good place to park around there?

To add my two bits to what Oregon CP says - I often park in the residences on 42nd just north of the pub. There is usually parking there and it is only half a block away. We are real easy to spot - the only ones with potted plants on their tables.:)

We meet tomorrow! I will have pictures posted sometime soon after.

It was nice meeting everyone yesterday. Hopefully in the future I'll have some plants I can bring to show off as well.

Jan.'s photos

Lots of fun, that! Now it's all over except the photos -

P1106614.jpg

Amazing tub-style mini-bog.

P1106611.jpg

N. ampullaria pitcher.

P1106610.jpg

D. "Andromeda".

P1106609mod.jpg

Big, blooming D. spiralis.

P1106608mod.jpg

P1106607mod.jpg

P1106606mod.jpg

Box of fun.

P1106616.jpg

N. lowii.

P1106615.jpg

Little, seed-grown N. ampullaria.

I just found this thread… I am in beaverton 10mins away from the nike campus. I would love to come to the next meeting!

~charlie

I just found this thread… I am in beaverton 10mins away from the nike campus. I would love to come to the next meeting!

~charlie

Nice, see you on the 14th then.

Speaking of next month's meeting, would anybody be interested in some goji berry plants? I started some seeds last year and ended up with too many plants, and due to the recent warm weather some are starting to grow leaves already.

~charlie

If we had realized that you were in the Portland, OR area we would've sent you a personal invitation, Charlie. Consider that done. 'Looking forward to meeting you on Feb. 14th.

Speaking of next month's meeting, would anybody be interested in some goji berry plants? I started some seeds last year and ended up with too many plants, and due to the recent warm weather some are starting to grow leaves already.

My suggestion would be to go ahead and bring them. These meetings are my #1 way of finding homes for plants from over-sized populations and I know there are others who do the same.

That tub full of capensis is mine. I've had it going since highschool.

Back