What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TF Rendezvous in Portland, OR

I was pruning my sarracenia plants today and discovered what looks like the first flower bud of the year. Looks like Daina's Delight wants to get an early start. Is there anyone else in the area with plants getting started early?

fcGtde1.jpg

I have an oreophila with a bud coming out.

I also have two questions about the meeting. Same place same time as the jan meeting right? The other one is "are minors aloud", because I am only a preteen...

Second saturday at 3pm. Yes Minors are allowed.

Yes, and second Saturday is next Saturday! Come one, come all and bring your spare plants to give away and your trophy plants to show off.

Looks like it's Valentine's Day this Saturday. I'll have to play this one by ear..

Twas a very nice meeting, and those of us who made it do understand for those who couldn't. Valentine's Day isn't the most convenient of days to meet on.

I am taking time out from reading the spirited discussion currently going on to point out to all interested parties that the meeting comes a week from today - same time, same place. Feel free to bring your plants to show, your grower's insights and your opinions. All are most welcome. :)

This next meeting I will be hosting an "adopt a sarracenia" program. I will have fresh divisions there looking for new homes (leuc Tarnok, flava, Dana's Delight, ?). These will be bare root, so bring some baggies and take some home :-D

Thanks for the divisions, DJ57! Did anyone take pictures this month?

Thanks for the divisions, DJ57! Did anyone take pictures this month?

Uh, that would be me. I knew there was something I needed to do...

:pics:

the Photos of March

In my opinion this was a very successful and enjoyable get-together. There were lots of Sarracenia rhizomes generously given out and other plants as well. And plenty for show and tell. Have a look:

P3146640.jpg

These are many more plants than it appears from the photo. And they were big!

P3146643.jpg

P3146646.jpg

Believed to be Nepenthes spathulata x diatas

P3146647.jpg

P3146648.jpg

I really like the big flat of cranberry plants in the back of this photo.

P3146649.jpg

P3146650.jpg

P3146651.jpg

:burp:

Last edited:
Man...that looks like a lot of fun! Wish there were more people around me into cps so we could do something like that.

I love the nepenthes with the yellow pitchers. Not only are they larger than the entire rest of the plant but they look like they're made out of wax!

'Thought I'd bump the thread to remind everyone interested that the April meeting is Sat. April 11. Just one week from tomorrow!

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure it's April already, Mark.

Thanks! But..., wasn't it just February? :) I will edit the month and note here that I put March instead of April originally, so this conversation makes sense.

Anyway, just one week from today. :banana2:

The Photos of April

We had a nice group today and lots of excellent plants, and other goodies, showed up with the good people who came. Fun, conversation, lunch and libation ensued.

P4116703.jpg

Plants for giveaway.

P4116704.jpg

More plants for giveaway!

P4116711.jpg

Fresh-laid eggs for giveaway!

P4116706.jpg

Drosera oblanceolata, mystery pings and a pot of assorted temperate sundews.

P4116708.jpg

We had beautiful Nepenthes almost big enough to hide behind.

P4116710.jpg

Gorgeous flowering Pinquicula grandiflora

P4116707.jpg

Drosera capensis 'albino' x aliciae

Last edited:
Here's my contribution for the month after taking home that U. sandersonii. Thanks Charlie!

RoGzRgC.jpg

Last edited:
Back