What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TF Rendezvous in Portland, OR

And here's the monthly announcement of our May (yes, May) meeting next Saturday, May 9 - same time, same place. Everyone is welcome to come and share your passion for cp's.

:banana2:

Last edited:
Jacob mentioned to me that he'll be bringing some 3-inch pots of Brocchinia reducta to this meeting, so keep that in mind.. See you all tomorrow.

I may show up with a trunk full of Nepenthes as well.

A trunk full? Oh my.

I'll probably be a bit late but I'll see you guys there.

Weather forecast is for sunny and warm so someone will want to grab an outside table. :awesome:

Jacob may not make it to the meet due to an injury, but I have the Brocchinia reducta and will bring them. There will also be another "adopt a sarracenia" opportunity (some of your seedlings Paul, ha).

I will try to get there early to grab a table outside, but no promises.

Charlie, I will have your P. grandiflora also.

Last edited:
Great conversation, Great plants, Great meeting!

Last edited:
Circumstance prompted me to choose not to attend this time. Somehow - staying at home to attend to gardening in my own private paradise ended up more appealing than spending four hours in a hot car on I-5. Go figure ;-) Maybe next time.

Whimgrinder - It is no doubt a lot of effort for you to attend but we will look forward to you being there when you can make it. You are always welcome. :)

Whimgrinder - It is no doubt a lot of effort for you to attend but we will look forward to you being there when you can make it. You are always welcome. :)

Thank ya kindly. I appreciate it. I was hoping it was going to be a cool, gray day, so I wouldn't feel as tempted to stay home and work in the yard! Maybe next time.

All over except the photos

I am finding the point and shoot style of closeup photography to be sufficiently challenging. :blush:

P5096712.jpg

Utricularia bisquamata 'Betty's Bay', the tame member of the species.

P5096713.jpg

Oh, I meant to take these huge Sarracenia in silhouette...

P5096715.jpg

Cool, mounted pitcher of Nepenthes bicalcarata.

P5096717.jpg

We had Begonias, too.

P5096718.jpg

Drosera macrophylla.

P5096719.jpg

This meeting seemed to be all about the sarrs.

P5096720.jpg

P5096722.jpg

And a pretty little Darlingtonia, too.

P5096721.jpg

Brocchinia reducta. This box was full when it arrived.

'Just wanted to point out that next Saturday, June 13, is the second Saturday of the month and so the day of our monthly meeting. It promises to be a good time and all are invited! :)

Last edited:
I just hope it's not quite as hot next weekend as it is right now.

I think a few members will be attending an open house in northern Washington today, but I'll see the rest of you soon.

As will I!

:burp:

Back