What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TF Rendezvous in Portland, OR

I agree, it's nice to talk to people face to face. It seems like there's always more to talk about. I look forward to it each month and i really enjoy meeting new people. It's a different kind of conversation you get to have with other CP people than with folks who aren't familiar with them.

Mark- I'm really glad you gave Marcus a sundew, Thanks!!

Sure thing! Marcus is new to the hobby, and didn't know better. :-D

Life lesson: beer only.

:lol: Did I miss something in my absence?

Reverted to gin after watching a horrible playoff loss before the meeting. I think I was there for all of thirty minutes before things turned ugly. Luckily some good friends attended and helped me cross the street. :puke:

So, yeah. Beer..

You definitely did not stay long. I had a question I didn't get to ask you too. What would you use to combat grey mold growing on the sides of a net pot with a Nepenthes in it?

You definitely did not stay long. I had a question I didn't get to ask you too. What would you use to combat grey mold growing on the sides of a net pot with a Nepenthes in it?

Propiconazole, a systemic fungicide. Shouldn't be used indoors, though.

Propiconazole, a systemic fungicide. Shouldn't be used indoors, though.

That could be a problem, since it's the middle of winter and I don't have a greenhouse.

Then, an alternative, Nimbulan - I've been using Physan 20 recently and it looks to do the job. 'Had to mail order it, though. Probably available someplace in Portland.

It's always nice to hear from Whimgrinder on this thread.

Bear in mind, though - Physan will kill live Sphagnum quickly and efficiently if you get it on the moss. It is fine for many situations as an all purpose sterilant/decontaminant, but can be phytotoxic to some plant life. I don't doubt it would damage Drosera if it got on any of those, though I've always avoided that scenario myself.

Well I don't have any live sphagnum with my Nepenthes at the moment so that should be fine. It does not do well at ambient humidity. Thanks guys!

Does anyone know that website we talked about a few months ago that you can search for a plant species in OR, and it will tell you where people have seen them within a mile? I can't remember or seem to find it. Thanks!

Just thought I'd point out that the next meeting is a week from today on Feb. 13. :) :) :)

Just thought I'd point out that the next meeting is a week from today on Feb. 13. :) :) :)

Maybe somebody will show up this year since it isn't Valentine's Day!

Yes, it was a relief for me to realize that this falls the day afterwards!

Sadly I won't be showing up :(
"Sigh, I have to go skiing,"

LOL

Just clicked on that link and found this place with D. anglica, D. rotundifolia, and U. minor. Me and my dad are going to have to check it out!

That's a very useful website, thanks Charlie! I'm surprised there aren't any sites listed closer to Mt. Hood.

Cool site! Skiing has it's pleasures. And there's always next month.

Back