What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TF Rendezvous in Portland, OR

Soon!

So nice to have all sorts of excellent giveaways and new attendees coming too!

I am packeting seeds as we speak.

Will probably be a bit late today, graduation party.

For my money that went very well! I will see if I can't get the photos I took uploaded in the next few days. I have been without computer access during the week but I am attempting to correct that.

It was probably the biggest group, and the most plants, we've had there in a long time.

Thanks so much everyone for keeping these meetings going! I had such a good time this past weekend

Looking forward to future ones and hopefully bringing some plants along next time too :D

Photos from June's meeting

Being as we sat outside in the back area of the pub I seem to be having trouble with the white balance. But there were lots of good things to see.

P6117446.jpg

"Red Sawtooth" flytraps for giveaway.

P6117449.jpg

All sorts of free goodies!

P6117447.jpg

P6117448.jpg

P6117452.jpg

A beautiful Nepenthes truncata pitcher, brought for display.

P6117455.jpg

One of the pub's passion flowers.

Last edited:
[MENTION=8617]bluemax[/MENTION] I don't mean to be picky Mark, but I believe the N. truncata is actually N. veitchii x boschiana ;) (at least that is what I read on the tag while I was there).

[MENTION=8617]bluemax[/MENTION] I don't mean to be picky Mark, but I believe the N. truncata is actually N. veitchii x boschiana ;) (at least that is what I read on the tag while I was there).

Thanks - my mistake. 'Guess I really should learn to read those pesky things!

Thanks - my mistake. 'Guess I really should learn to read those pesky things!

And so we reach the one-week warning time for the July meeting. This is probably the most likely meeting of the year to have weather conducive to sitting out back and enjoying the warmth and sunshine. Maybe you have something fun to bring? :)

Last edited:
You beat me to it, Mark! I will do my best to bring something interesting.

I'm planning on attending again this week too, though sadly I don't think I have anything fun to bring with me.

I will be there but may be empty-handed this time unless there is any interest in wide-leaf, broad-leaf, giant, whatever you want to call them, D. capensis?

Last edited:
Despite it being July, it looks like we'll be stuck indoors. Good job, Oregon!

:-D

Or maybe there is the covered area out back? If it is warm enough.

:-D

Or maybe there is the covered area out back? If it is warm enough.

Does anyone know if there's a local store that sells GA3?

Disregard my last post, I will be bringing an assortment of temperate sundews plus a few "rescue" heliamphora in need of some TLC (I don't have the conditions to grow heli's so can't keep them). Late notice I know, but did not know myself until today.

Back