What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TF Rendezvous in Portland, OR

Just wanting to point out that our next meeting is next Saturday, April 8 - same time, same place (Meet Location, Day, and Time). Bring your plants to show off, those you want to give away or trade - or just bring yourself! All are welcome.

I will be bringing some bare-root Darlingtonia divisions, some bare-root S. jonesii Red/Heavy veined divisions, and a potted small S. purpurea ssp venosa var. montana division.

Aaaand, here's the monthly announcement of next weekends' meeting. There is a rumor that there will some small Drosophyllum plants for giveaway... :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Rumor has it that I'll also have 2 cool things to show off.

Ha, month of the droso babies! I recently experimented with germinating a few Drosophyllum seed in wet LFS. It was successful and I just transplanted them into small fiber pots, so there will be three more babies added to the rumored Drosophyllum baby giveaways :-D

Hey all, a friend's birthday is this Saturday, so I won't be able to make it to the meet as the timing conflicts. However, since I'm in the neighborhood, I'll probably hang out at the Rust Coffee Lounge (the coffee located right by the library) from 2-3 if anyone who is in the area would be wanting to meet up a little early. Perhaps a bit selfish to get people to show up early just for me, but these meets are the highlight of the month, and I love talking CPs in-person, so if anyone is interested in arrive a bit earlier than they normally would for the meet, I'll be hangin out!

Whoops, change in my friend's plans. Looks like I can join everyone for about twenty to thirty mins at the regular time. If there is any interest still, I may show up at the coffee shop at 2:45

I think that went well! A great turnout, though I think we were all hoping to be able to sit outside. With temps in the mid-50's F. that probably wouldn't have been too comfortable. Just the same it was a lot of fun. And there's always next month as we move towards summer.

Last edited:
Well, this Saturday is the second of the month and you know what that means! We will, as always, meet at the Moon and Sixpence pub when it opens at 3:00 P. Everyone is welcome! :)

I'm gonna be bringing some of the plants I've neglected for too long. They need some loving homes. Of course, I will also bring some cool pings to show off.

Welcome to July - and you know what that means. Next Saturday, July 8 is our next meeting at the Moon and Sixpence. Bring your plants to show off, to trade, to give away or just bring yourself. This oughta be a good one!

And to all who read this, have a safe and enjoyable 4th of July!

It may actually be a comfortable day outside this time too!

NOAA weather says low to mid 80's on Saturday in and around our meeting place. Summer meetings are the best! For evidence I refer to photos from previous years. These can be found earlier in this thread. :)

Last edited:
Yes, looks like it is going be a great day to sit outside! I will be bringing more plants for adoption. I will also have some photos to share from my recent bogging trip to CP sites in Florida, Alabama, and Mississippi if anyone is interested.

I'm going to post the link to this post which all with an interest in our meetings should probably read: In the spotlight. It seems that a conversation would be a good thing at this time. The Portland Mercury certainly implies some inaccurate things regarding our meetings as being attended by outlaws and smugglers. But that one of our own has been implicated in the illegal importation of plants is not at issue. This has happened. I do think that anyone attending one of our get-togethers wouldn't recognize it from the paper's description, though.

Last edited:
The article certainly could lead one to believe that our group is part of some plant smuggling ring and makes me worry about the future of our wonderful little group due to the alleged activities of one person.

I would encourage anyone who may have been contemplating attending one of meets before this article came out to do so and see for themselves that we are nothing other than a group of CP enthusiasts getting together to talk about, share experiences of, and promote this wonderful hobby.

I'm not a local member but I think a clearly written letter of clarification to the paper would be perfectly appropriate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And here's the monthly announcement saying that our August 2017 meeting is next Saturday, August 12. I expect to have a bunch of sarrs to give away including S. flava, 'Dana's Delight' and others. And yet another chance to sit outside and enjoy the dry weather!

Hopefully the forecast holds up and it's not oppressively hot in a week too!

Back