What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TF Rendezvous in Portland, OR

It would appear that the information in the post above, #737, is final. So this is the final reminder of our February meeting which will be on Sunday, Feb. 10 at 3:00 PM. See the post above for information as to where because our location has changed. 'Hope you see you there!

An update from Raycer491, not yet addressing the current winter weather:

"A few things about the upcoming meet this Sunday:
We will still be meeting at the Columbia River Brewing Company at 3pm this Sunday as planned.
I’ve been in communication with the Columbia River Brewing Company for the past month. They have a large space available for us, however I *just* found out today that there’s a live Bluegrass band there from 2-5 pm this Sunday. I had spoken to staff a week ago and they had not mentioned this.
I suggest we reopen the discussion about new venue options. I recommend a new neighborhood, possibly around SE MLK and Grand, if to expand our range while remaining within a mile of the Moon and Sixpence. We can begin this discussion in the comments below.
We will still return to the patio of the Moon and Sixpence after the weather warms up, probably in May, but earlier is still possible.
We should be minimal this meet. I advise bringing at most 2 or so plants - no more than you can carry in and out. Please, for this particular get together, we should refrain from oversized Nepenthes or anything that will crowd out space. If the venue is unbearably loud we may find ourselves migrating to a new spot.
I’m sorry about these incessant announcements, moving to a new venue hasn’t been clean and simple. Bear with me!"

Regarding the current snowy conditions - I am still determining if I will be able to attend or not being as I have to drive between 15 and 20 miles to get to the venue and I expect others are in the same boat. It might be mostly over by then, or not. 'Guess we watch to see!

I won't be able to make it because of the weather... Have fun!

-Charlie

I will be sitting this one out also. Besides the long commute in possible wintry conditions, I am not too keen on trying to hold plant conversations over loud music, :slap:

I'm keeping an eye on the weather here. As long as it gets above freezing before I need to leave I can probably make it out. The main road was surprisingly pretty much clear by yesterday evening but my road's still a bit messy.

Its not often that a winter is harsher in Portland than Boston :p I should be knocking on wood, winter is far from over!

Sorry I'm missing this one as well. Sundays are always tougher for my "commute" there. I was going to try it, but the weather incertainty made the final decision this month. Please keep me updated.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

March's meeting

It has been decided that we are to resume Saturday meetings with quarterly Sunday meetings. Raycer491 says:

"Because we've already had a Sunday meeting this quarter, we can have the next Sunday meeting on June 9th, the following on Sept. 15th, and the final one this year on Dec. 15th. March 15th 2020 will be the first one of the new year, and by then the cadence will be pretty much solidified."

This makes the upcoming meeting to be at the Columbia River Brewing Co. (see earlier post for address) on Saturday, March 9 at 3:00 PM. If you have input or comments you may post here or pm Raycer491 through Terra Forums.

Hey everyone, I've been doing a lot of revamp to the meeting schedules on Facebook, but Carnivorous Plant Resource is hosting profiles for the various communities, including ours, for the sake of those not on the forums or FB. I've added a bit of a summary describing the group, and there is event management too for our convenience. So you can go there too to find the meeting times and locations (I'm still working out the kinks). Fortunately their service doesn't cost me a dime.

Check it out thru the link below. Also take a look at the other CP societies and groups that have joined up. Groups that are keen are welcome to ping the website to let them know that they're interested.

https://carnivorousplantresource.co...arnivorous-plant-community/?portfolioCats=132

Nicely done! And you point out my uncanny resemblance to Brad Pitt, even tho' I am more than 20 years his senior. :-))

Last edited:
Just 'wanted to point out that our next meeting is next Saturday, March 9, 2019. For details see above.

Ahhh, changes

I tried to connect with Djoni but couldn't. Bummer; Moon +six was pretty quiet, with a beautiful, sunny, empty back patio. I'll make sure to catch up in here before next month rolls around. I've got some little ping thimbles for giveaway~

Last edited:
I tried to connect with Djoni but couldn't. Bummer; Moon +six was pretty quiet, with a beautiful, sunny, empty back patio. I'll make sure to catch up in here before next month rolls around. I've got some little ping thimbles for giveaway~

Sorry to have missed you. Yes, it appears that the days of knowing when and where from month to month are gone for the time being. Hopefully we will settle in to a new schedule that won't require keeping posted on with time. So - no live music at the M and S?

There was not! I was there around say 4pm. A previous month, I goofed and showed up on the second Sunday and found that old-timey band playing, the same one that we used to encounter

It has been decided that for this upcoming April meeting we will be back at the Moon and Sixpence Pub, out in the back of the building. The meeting will begin at 3:00 PM on Saturday, April 13. I will re-announce this as we draw closer to the actual date.

Last edited:
So we meet tomorrow as stated above ^. We may be in the covered area in back so please bring clothing that will keep you warm. 'Hope to see you there!

Yeah it was originally forecast for about 60, but the temperature's been dropping all week and I'm now seeing 53 for tomorrow afternoon. Dress warm!

For the May meeting we are now scheduled to return to the Moon and Sixpence pub (2014 NE 42nd Ave, Portland, OR), likely out in the back of the building. The date is to be May 11 and the time 3:00 PM. 'Hope to see you there!

I will be at a school dance, enjoy the beautiful weather! I will hopefully see you guys in June...

Announcing that the June meeting will be at the Moon and Sixpence on Sunday, June 9 at 3:00 this year. There have been those who find it hard to attend on Saturdays and this is their chance to show up and make it known that they would attend if we regularly met on Sundays.

Last edited:
Back