What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A new place for meeting photos!

• Thread starter bluemax
  • Start date
I wish I lived there... I have school on top of that, but I still wish I could go.
Also- I looked up that portland mercury article. I can't believe that such a slanderous and condemning article would be published. :glare: However, I also saw a few familiar names in the comment section from this site pointing out the flaws in the article.

September's photos

A comfortable day to be outside, excellent company and wonderful plants to gawk at. What more could you want? Tasty food and beverages, too.

mini_P9098324.jpg

Lovely Sarracenia hybrid.

mini_P9098330.jpg

On its way to becoming a giant.

mini_P9098332.jpg

Little 'Big Mouth' flytraps.

mini_P9098333.jpg

D. capensis x aliciae

mini_P9098334.jpg

Pinguicula heterophylla

mini_P9098336.jpg

P. x 'Titan' and friends.

mini_P9098338.jpg

mini_P9098339.jpg

Box of goodies.

mini_P9098316.jpg

mini_P9098317.jpg

mini_P9098318.jpg

mini_P9098320.jpg

mini_P9098321.jpg

Nepenthes ampullaria in custom printed pot.

mini_P9098322.jpg

mini_P9098323.jpg

Nice photos Mark! I love the ping with the yellow flower, can't remember the name of it.

Photos for October's meeting

October's meeting was a lot of fun with a good turnout and all of us braving the less-than-ideal temperatures outside while knowing that we would probably be meeting inside for the next 6 months or so.

Pinguicula 'Titan'

Lots of flytraps.

A whole flat of Drosera tomentosa to give away.

P. chilensis

Awesome. That was quite a tray of giveaway neps! Lots of goodies at this meet.

Thank you Mark for taking on the unofficial role of Portland CP Group photographer and posting your pics every month! Of course, anyone is welcome to post pics they take at the meets.

Photos from Nov. 2017's meeting

Rare Pinguicula cubensis and friends.

P. moctezumae

It's surprising to have Sarracenia leucophylla come in during November but such spectacular plants are even more so.

Giveaway goodies!

Magnificent Heliamphora plants.

It was an excellent day for giant sundews.

The S. jonesii in the back were amazingly beautiful.

S. rosea holding court.

Wonderful photo rendition of the meet as usual, thank you Mark.

Nice photos. The tomentosa looked really good. Seems like there are generous people in the club with plants being given away every month.

Nice photos. The tomentosa looked really good. Seems like there are generous people in the club with plants being given away every month.

Thank you! I would have to agree about the generosity. For me it's more a matter of it being easier to bring them to the meetings than to sell them and I can't bear to toss them into the compost. :-D I find that I often go with the resolution that I won't bring anything new home with me this time - and then I break down 'cuz "I've always wanted one of those..."

December's photos

mini_PC098857.jpg

Beautiful cp Christmas terrarium ornaments handmade and given as gifts!

mini_PC098858.jpg

mini_PC098859.jpg

We have such magnificent pings come for show and tell.

mini_PC098860.jpg

This is what our table tops generally look like.

mini_PC098861.jpg

mini_PC098864.jpg

Utricularia tricolor, I believe.

mini_PC098865.jpg

Drosera ramellosa

mini_PC098866.jpg

mini_PC098868.jpg

mini_PC098871.jpg

mini_PC098876.jpg

Nepenthes hamata x king and queen

mini_PC098877.jpg

Did that picture of my zigzagia flower not turn out?

Did that picture of my zigzagia flower not turn out?

Sadly not, though I did try. You'll notice my menziesii didn't make the cut either. Getting sufficiently good photos under the dim lighting of the pub is certainly a challenge. I try not to think too hard about all the really gorgeous plants that I end up not having clear photos of when it is all over.

Thank you Mark for taking and posting the pics.

Those CP ornaments were awesome! Thank you Nina for these gifts of joy and the time and effort you put into making them :-D

Mine has been hanging from a shop light in the garage on a window shelf. The gemmae are sprouting nicely. This is what it looks like two weeks after the meet:

IMG_3153.jpgx1 by Djoni C, on Flickr

January 2018

And so the new year begins, and not too shabbily I might add. Lots of goodies, and lots of fun, were in attendance. 'Hope you enjoy.

Pinguicula chilensis in interesting star pattern.

P. 'El Mirador'

A nice Heliamphora.

The amazing, and soon to be officially named, Drosera x 'Hercules'

A truly gigantic D. adelae, giant form

D. regia

Giveaway goodies!

Back