What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Maxsea Fertilizer

• Thread starter charlie
  • Start date
Hello all, I've heard great things about this, but I don't want to order a giant thing I'll never use and have to pay shipping... If anybody has some extra maybe we could work out a trade... I could give you a Drosera Adelae, or some Utricularia Longifolia, or both:-D.. I also have Cash Money var. Dollars, a very rare species I'm told...

Let me know!

-Charlie

Have you tried checking a local Garden Center?

Not like lowes but you know...

Last edited:
Hey Charlie. I have some Maxsea for you. I will bring it to the next Portland meet (October 14), no strings attached :-D

Thank you so much!

Thank you so much!

Not a problem, happy to help you out - "Try before you buy". I have been using Maxsea since last year on sarr seedlings, flytraps babies, and dews I keep in the garage window and really like the results I have gotten. The amount you get when you buy the 1.5 lb container (the smallest container you can get I believe) is enough to last someone like me for years so I understand not wanting to invest in something you don't know is going to provide the results you are looking for.

Hope to see you at the next meet!

I was going to offer to bring you some, but looks like I was beaten to it. If you need more, they sell it at Portland Nursery - no shipping required!

Has anyone measured EC of this fertilizer with EC or TDS meter?

Last edited:
Has anyone measured EC of this fertilizer with EC or TDS meter?

I have not tested for Electrical Conductivity, but when I read your post I tested for Total Dissolved Solids out of curiosity and it was around 250 ppm (1/4 teaspoon Maxsea mixed in 1 gallon of water). I was a bit surprised it was so high so checked the calibration of my meter and yep, it is accurate.

Thank you very much, DJ! I've been wondering how much seaweed extracts people are applying with MaxSea. I don't have it because I prefer a complete fertilizer (with Ca and Mg). But based on your measurement, I can probably guess the concentration of seaweed in MaxSea (I'll need to do some measurements when I have time) under the assumption that they are just using MaxiCrop powder form as the seaweed source.

Do you have the TDS reading of your base water?

Thank you very much, DJ! I've been wondering how much seaweed extracts people are applying with MaxSea. I don't have it because I prefer a complete fertilizer (with Ca and Mg). But based on your measurement, I can probably guess the concentration of seaweed in MaxSea (I'll need to do some measurements when I have time) under the assumption that they are just using MaxiCrop powder form as the seaweed source.

Do you have the TDS reading of your base water?

I don't have an exact measurement, but my water runs between 32 and 40 ppm in summer to give you an idea. Today TDS was 38 ppm.

Back