What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cobra Lily

I got some cobra lily seeds back in July and they have been in the fridge all this time. I decided I want to try to grow them now. Frist do you all think it will still work this with them sitting so long? I'm gonna plant them in the peat moss/perlite and put them in the fridge for four weeks like it says. Then should I put them outside or keep them in on a window sill? What would be the best thing?

If they were fresh when you got them in July they will be fine. Now is probably not the best time to sow them unless you live somewhere nice and warm where plants have to be forced into dormancy. January time is the best time to start stratifying them, so they are germinating as the spring starts and they have a complete growing season to get them off to a good start. Once stratified you can put them outside in the sunniest position you can find for them. A greenhouse would be perfect.

I have some care sheet and it says to stratify them for four weeks. If I start it the beginning of January they should be ready in Febuary. Is that too early? It's still pretty cold here in Febuary. I was thinking I should try to get them out the beginning or middle of March. What do you think? After all, I'm new to this plant.

If they are stratified by February, add 6 weeks for germination that means you will have seedlings by mid April, which is the perfect time to start growing them.

Back