What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

N. ventrata? maybe

from Home Depot... Gubblers.com
i believe this is an N. ventrata, but the post Merkin had, i got confused. please clarify this for me.
soory, horrible pic. half of the pitcher is pale purple, the other half is green.
nepenthes9ct.jpg

i have this also from the box store. i have no clue what this could be. please help me out. the pitcher is pretty much all green, with some white speckals.

upsidedownptcher9yl.jpg

help is greatly appreciated. thanx

I would say that your first one is ventrata. The one Merkin has looks more ventricosa-ish than yours. Ventrata is a little longer than ventricosa. I also purchased a Nepenthes from the nursery, and it was also from Gublers a little while back. It's now in a bigger pot and a bit taller than your plant, but its lower pitchers looked exactly like the ones you have displayed. I know the intermediate pitchers are a deep red with a pale interior wall with no wings, but my plant hasn't produced any upper pitchers yet. I would settle for ventrata, but you may want to ask some of the Nepenthes experts on here.

Back