What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

DIY Grow shelf

I was posting some picks in the trade forrum and had an extra. This is mostly for propagation.
4x4' florecents per. Lined with mylar and has a roll up mylar front. I have to keep the front open to let the heat out and run 2 bulbs per. I may have to design some kind of heat removal system. Enjoy.
Stephen
Oh there is a little bit of everything in there vft, sundoos, orchids & TC.
PANA0192.jpg

I built something similar.  Made out of 1 by 6 inch wood.  
Two bulb- four foot fixtures on each shelf.  Works good for me.  Lights are on chains so that's why one end can be lower then the other (and in picture they don't all stay parallel to the shelves).

Plant%20Stand.jpg

Nice. I wish I could lower rather than put crap under. I plan on biulding a GHouse soon. I would like to get most of the green out of the house.
Stephen

Very nice guys.

sdeering: What kind of bulbs do you use to get that purple tint on the top shelf? Is it those Grow-Lux I hear people talk about? Where did you get them? Any particular reason you use them instead of say, cool white tubes?

Now this looks more like my work - only a little more sophisticated! Are you also using yogurt cups and other assorted plastic containers?

um. Nice!, i have a greenhouse but it is heat all day!, dont know what to do, plus it is full of insects, fliying ones!, thats hate full!
confused.gif

Yep, I use one grow bulb and I think the other is like a cool white. I think it is advertised as sun light or something, perchased at home depot. The grow bulbs are expensive so they must be better right.LOL

As for containers I use just about anything the white ones are the booze foam cups, some are a small clear cups with holes in the botom and sitting in a larger one. Cut off 2L pop bottle, and a clam jug. The far top right hand side has the TC stuff.
Cha you need a swamp cooler or a large humidifyer for cooling. I have 2 rather large swamp coolers I purchased at a closing orchid greenhouse. You can have one, if you want to come pick it up. O your in mixico I shouldn't tease.
Stephen

Back