What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Couple outdoor pics

• Thread starter Capslock
  • Start date
OK, so I've put a N. khasiana outdoors in hopes that its cold-tolerance will allow it to grow here in SF. It's been a few weeks, and it seems pretty happy. We've had a rare hot and sunny spell, though, and the plant has a nice red flush: (note the fly on the peristome of one of them.)

550e85fc.jpg

The fly got me to thinking about what's actually fallen in the pitcher (that fly flew away.) Sure enough, it has a pretty full belly:
06e0eea3.jpg

Capslock

I find it amazing how effective pitcher plants and VFT's can be, especially when one isn't watching.

Beautifull plant, Cant wait till it gets warm enough to put my guys out...

Cheers

how cold hardy are they?

did you get that rack that i got from walmart, target, ect?

Hey, I think that one pitcher needs rotated and some sun screen. That looks painful, but pretty.

Santos, I got it at Costco a long time ago, but I'm just using the extra shelf here, suspended between two big pots.

Yeah, that sunburn looks like it wouls hurt! But the plant seems to not mind, as the leaves are thick and healthy and none of the pitchers have died.

Capslock

Back