What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is it possible to lose your PM's?

• Thread starter jimscott
  • Start date

jimscott

Tropical Fish Enthusiast
I know if you put a check in individual PM's you can click to delete them, en masse... or you can click the delete symbol for each individual PM. But is it possible to click one thing accidently and lose them all at the same time?

So if it looks like I forgot to reply... let me know!
confused.gif

Two ways it can happen:

1. Above the check box to select an individual email, there is another check box. When clicked, it selects ALL of the PMs in the folder. So, by some snafu or another, it's possible that you could have deleted them all.

2. You could have accidentally renamed your inbox folder. When you go to the "preferences" tab, if you rename the name of your inbox, it'll delete all of the messages in there.

Bummer! I'll rehash all of the important parts of my PM for you when I get a chance! And you're sure you're looking in the inbox?

Hmmmm.... another check box....

Renamed my Inbox folder? I'm not nearly sophisticated enough to think of that! I'm uber-confident that I was looking in the Inbox!
smile.gif

You didn't have your PM box down by the stream did you?

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Renamed my Inbox folder? I'm not nearly sophisticated enough to think of that!

We're looking at the things that aren't likely for people to do. It isn't too likely to accidentally delete them all, but that's one thing that could have accidentally happened; it's just a mis-click, and the fudge of a keyboard key is all it takes.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (vft guy in SJ @ May 31 2006,8:45)]You didn't have your PM box down by the stream did you?
You mean this innocent thing?
smile_l_32.gif

s_Wed_106.jpg

No, that's in PA. I'm in NY now. But thanks for reminding me...
smile_m_32.gif

I musta clicked that one box at the top right, which has absolutely no designation whatsoever. Such is life!
smile_o_32.gif

Back