What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

soooo............

• Thread starter rattler
  • Start date
its easier to ask forgiveness than permission right................

i want a couple of critters but the wife dont like creepy crawlies, do yah think if they look pretty i can get them past her?
Avicularia%20versicolor%20saM.jpg

ccyaneopubescens2.jpg

shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ive got 7 Centruroides vittatus and 7 Centruroides hentzi 2nd or 3rd instars coming next week
smile_n_32.gif

Nope, once someones afraid of bugs not much you can do! I tried to give my pal a mantd with a whole gallon setup with small plant, soil and a few sticks and his wife threatened divorce if that creature was not removed from her house immediately! He's a fellow insect spreader/collector so fr him to have alive mantid he was totally excited but his wife was not gonna allow it, no ifs ands or butts...
The single life rocks!
smile_n_32.gif

Unless you gotta secret underground lair, she's gonna bust you out to the doghouse. Along with the spiders of course ! I already got the willies !!

Well, being a woman, it might go over easier if you can get her something as well, or give her money equal to or more than your critters for her to go spend on herself. Let her go to a day spa or a get a massage or something. A lot of times when my husband buys something I get mad because of the money spent, not because of what he bought. If financial trouble is an issue, then it is a big problem. I get mad when he throws money around when we had a bill that should have been paid instead. But like I said, it might soften things a bit if you get her a present too.

Well, you can do this one of two ways....Get rid of them (and have no spine)

OR

Stand up to the woman! If she says it goes or she goes, tell her to pack her bags!

Yeah.

Good luck with that last one.

LOL Schloaty...you talk tough, but I'll bet you are a pushover with your wife.
laugh.gif

lol was flipping through a bug book last night while laying in bed and asked the wife if i got one that looked like a fuzzy eight legged teddy bear would that be alright? she said: "You know dang well that the only way your getting one is if you sneak it into the house without my knowing and keep it hid so dont ever see it"

sounds like permission to get some to me
smile_n_32.gif
i have a sorta storage place under the stairs in the utility room where my plants are. just need to put shelves in there and since my CP and frog racks are on wheels ill just wheel one in front for a door. she wont see a thing
smile_n_32.gif

BTW B28 no financial worries, creepy crawlies are being financed through the sale of extra froglets from my breeding pair and a chinchilla im selling to a friend. i am perfectly aware of our financial situation. the wife is CFO of the household and i am informed of when we have extra money that i get to spend
smile_n_32.gif

Depends totally on her. I once raised scorpions without spousal meltdown.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (swords @ June 05 2006,11:09)]The single life rocks!
smile_n_32.gif
Within the limited framework of this topic, I tend to agree. I've been appreciating a lifestyle without need of editing. But, all things considered, I'd give most anything to be permanently re-united with my Darlin'.

biggrin.gif

Do you have a place you can keep it out of her veiw? Say a basement? A spare Bedroom? You should propose those ideas to her.

Cheers

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]BTW B28 no financial worries, creepy crawlies are being financed through the sale of extra froglets from my breeding pair and a chinchilla im selling to a friend.

Okay, then give her money equal to or more than the value of the spiders to spend on something that she wants. That would work if it was me. I don't care what my husband buys and I guess he doesn't care what I buy either as long as we have the money. It is the spending money that we don't have that gets me mad because he is prone to do that.

in 4 and a half years ive only slept on the couch once and it was an accident, i wasnt banished. spending $1250 on a rifle without telling her didnt even land me on the couch
smile_n_32.gif

nep ak: she said the ONLY way i could keep them was to sneak them in the house without her knowing and hide them so she couldnt find them. they will be hidden by a stand full of nepenthes and frog tanks, im good. proposing those ideas will just get me shot down. she told me what it would take for me to get them, stated the loopholes now ive just got to stick to the loopholes and im good. she is fully aware she cant stop me from doing something, i usually inform her about an hour after i do it. basically what she told me last night were the conditions. in other words i can have them if she cant see them and isnt informed about them
smile_m_32.gif

give her her own spider

[b said:
Quote[/b] (reg @ June 06 2006,11:49)]give her her own spider
lol funny, shes to good of a shot with a rifle for me to attempt that, i dont need an extra hole in my body

odd thing is, a couple summers ago we had a good sized jumping spider living in our bedroom. she liked that spider. it was a 1/2 inch long or so it lived in our bedroom on the ceiling for about 2 months eating flies, every evening it would make a lap around the room along the trim. she named it George.

she isnt afraid of spiders she just doesnt like them, well apparently just most of them.

what happened to the spider?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (rattler_mt @ June 06 2006,1:52)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (reg @ June 06 2006,11:49)]give her her own spider
lol funny, shes to good of a shot with a rifle for me to attempt that, i dont need an extra hole in my body
does your wife like surprises? when she comes come have i in your hand and toss it at her face and yell "SURPRISE!!" itllbe the biggest one in her life

will also probably be my last few moments on this earth.
smile_n_32.gif
smile_m_32.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (reg @ June 06 2006,12:04)]what happened to the spider?
not sure, it just left, wasnt around anymore

Back