What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need a jade ID please

JB_OrchidGuy

Cardiac Nurse
My wife and I bought this plant a few months ago at a nursery we passed coming home from Carter and holmes. I know its a jade, but what kind?

unknown%20jade%20002.jpg

Thanks Tamlin. Its gotten alot bigger since the post, and I put it outside to get some sun and cooked some leaves. Its filling back out though. what is the idea sun for them? I have had it out in the GH and recently had it inside for a while thats why I wanted it to get some sun, but didn't intend to cook the thing. LOL Its pulling through though.

With any plant you have to go slow when putting them outside, esp. true for the delicate CP's. Like you, they need to 'tan'. Sunlight will bring out the anthocyanins and other pigments that will protect the chloroplasts which are close to the surface of the leaves. To much too soon and the plant will be damaged from sunburn, as you have learned the hard way. This plant like all succulents, cacti and most CP wants all the sun you can give once it is hardened up.

Cool I thought so, but some cacti I thought required some shade. Oh well thats what I get for thinking. Have fun Tamilin. We will be leaving in the morning for Fla. See ya in a week.

Back