What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Geek Code

• Thread starter jimscott
  • Start date
I dont get it!

1 h4v3n7 833n 0n my 3-m41| |473|y 50 1|| 3-m41| y0u 50m3 71m3 m4y83... 500n3r 0r |473r!

Thats my geek code! or should i say |337 code!

GS$ d-- s+: a- C+ U-- P L E? W++ N+ o? K- w O? M- V? PS++ PE Y+ PGP t 5? X+ R+ tv-- b+ DI+ D++ G e++>++++ h r++ y++**

you realize now we have to make a CP version...  
smile_n_32.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Presto @ July 09 2006,9:10)]you realize now we have to make a CP version...  
smile_n_32.gif
Gopher it!

V+++
I’ve grown Venus Flytraps for over 30 years; instead of grass my front lawn consists of Flytraps; I spend more money on water for them than I do on food for my family; I’ve registered a cultivar.

V++
I have LOTS of Venus Flytraps; I go through about 20 gallons of rainwater a week; the neighbors are starting to talk.

V+
I have quite a few Venus Flytraps; I’ve given up on naming them all.

V
I just got my first Venus Flytrap from Lowe’s, so far so good!

V-
I bought a Venus Flytrap before.  It died within a week.  Wonder what went wrong?

V--
I’ve bought several Venus Flytraps in the past.  I wonder why they all die?  I feed it a little bit of hamburger just like the hardware store guy said…

V---
I keep Venus Flytraps in an enclosed terrarium in direct sunlight; I give them tap water that smells like a swimming pool; I feed them sausage and Coco Puffs; Dormancy is for wimps.

we will need N for neps, P pings (did he allready use D?), D for droseras, O for other and use random symbols for the O's like O* could be aldrovanda.

Dunno. you guys under stand it!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (nepenthes_ak @ July 10 2006,12:17)](did he allready use D?)
*cough*she*cough*

yeah I purposely used V to leave D free for Drosera! anyone who wants to add please do...

N+++

You can’t walk through my house without hitting your head against pitchers; My bicalcarata is taller than most of the trees in my neighborhood; That pesky squirrel problem has finally been solved by a dozen or so strategically-placed rajahs.

N++

My house is starting to look like a jungle; I’ve managed to get quite a few “tough” species to pitcher; 90-degree days with 85% humidity make me happy.

N+

I’ve been growing Nepenthes for a while now; My “easy” species are doing great; The obsession is starting to grab hold of my soul.

N

I have a few ventricosas or alatas; nothing too fancy, but I do have a good place to put any ants I find in my kitchen.

N-

I’m just not that into Neps.  Besides, my climate is way too dry/cold.  But we can still be friends.  I hope you understand.

N--

Yeah, I had one, but I was worried that it wasn’t getting enough humidity.  So I stuck it in a water tray.

N---

Any Neps that come my way get repotted, into a mix I designed myself of clay and the sand they use for mixing concrete.  Then I put them in my north-facing windowsill, right next to the air conditioner.

smile_n_32.gif

Back