What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Somebody buy this for me!

PlantAKiss

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, Engl
I want this SOOOOOOOO bad!  What a beauty!  *DROOL!*

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws....ck=true

Welllllllllllllll...its not like I'm asking for a CAR!
smile_l_32.gif

What a gorgeous specimen of rare red botryoidal flourite!

Aren't I worth that to somebody?? ?? ?? ?  
biggrin.gif
 OK...don't answer that.  lol  
laugh.gif

One can only dream...  *sigh*  
smile_o_32.gif

What do you do with it? Is the expensive part the red stuff bubbling in the middle a rare gem for making jewlery?

and no, I haven't got $400 for a rock, it just cost me $1100 to put my cat to sleep on the 4th of july.
smile_h_32.gif

Oh that IS cool! I happen to be a fan of things like amethysts and agates and and geodes (oh my!). Now if they just move the decimal over to the left a couple few notches, I can handle that! Can I interest you in a small, rosetted Drosera instead (or a little "crow" or "humble pie")? (Weather)

Josh, really sorry for your cat, on two levels!
smile_h_32.gif

swords: im sorry to hear that.

I got a rock I found outside that I'll sell you for a way cheaper price. Only difference is this don't have the red berries growing out of it.

Ozzy yah know darn well she just got a pile of sapphires for nothing
smile_m_32.gif
she is just never happy
smile_n_32.gif

LOL

Swords: Yes, the "important parts" are the red bubbles.  That color is very rare for fluorite as is the "bubble" form.  Its also sitting on wonderfully formed fossilized apophyllite crystals with well-defined shapes.  And nooooooooo you would not make jewerly out of it!  It is a "specimen" to be displayed only.  That's sort of like someone saying to you..."What do you do with those plants, eat 'em?"  lol

[edit: Oops...got my ebay auctions crossed...the red fluorite is sitting on drusy quartz crystals. The auction I'm waiting to snipe right now has yellow botryoidal fluorite on fossilized apophyllite. The yellow is rare but not as rare as the red.]

And I'm very sorry to hear about your cat.
smile_h_32.gif
 I know that's rough (including the money).  My friend (who just lost her fiance 3 months ago) just put her dog down on Tues...cost her $441).

Jim, a rosetted Drosera I have so I'll take a good helping of humble pie.
smile_l_32.gif

Ozzy, I have several big rocks I can use to whump you upside the head.  
laugh.gif

And Rattler...you are moving on down my list and pretty soon you are going to catch up on Ozzy's level.  
smile_n_32.gif
  BTW, I got the sapphires labels and boxed...they look nice.

Y'know...lotta people on here are always mooning over 'spensive cars.  So...since this rock isn't as expensive as a CAR...I just thought....I'd do some mooning too. *sigh*

laugh.gif

the link i sent had all the info you needed?

as for your list......................im not even in the same league as Ozzy how can i even be getting close to him
smile_n_32.gif

OK...just read what I posted...so this is a PREEMPTIVE POST. Do not post what I KNOW you're THINKING.

Rattler...I think you've been influenced too strongly by Ozzy. You are getting on down that ladder towards Ozzyland. And maybe even Jimscott a little....

smile_n_32.gif

lol if i get ambitious tonight ill lay out ALL my Phillipsburg sapphires and take a pic and post it...............maybe that will knock me down a few more spots
smile_n_32.gif
maybe take a pic of my 2 carat cut sapphires as well
smile_m_32.gif

Gimme all your Phillipsburg sapphires and your cut stone and I'll escalate you right on back up the list to "really nice kind wonderful sweet Rattler!". rofl

not worth it, besides alot of those are the wifes.............im more afraid of her than you
smile_n_32.gif
if you think what i sent you was nice you should see the stones of hers

lol OK...sink down into the cesspool with Ozzy. See if I care!

If I lived where you do, I'd have buckets of sapphires and other minerals.

lol if i ever get back down to Intake ill get you a potatoe, i think i sent Tamlin a small potatoe, either that or i sent him some slices of one or maybe both..........................

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]OK...just read what I posted...so this is a PREEMPTIVE POST. Do not post what I KNOW you're THINKING.

10_1_100.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]You are getting on down that ladder towards Ozzyland.

Hey Rattler come on down to Ozzyland. We don't get much respect down here but let me tell you, we have a blast. Don't let Pak fool you, She's been to Ozzyland a couple of times and she loves it here.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]if you think what i sent you was nice you should see the stones of hers

Well I'm waiting, post a pic of your wife's stones and let us see 'em
smile_n_32.gif

this is as close as your going to get to my wifes "stones"

she is in the pink..............................i think you and the other gal would get along famously.......either that or she would kill you, bout a 50/50 shot(BTW the wife still dont know ive got this pic, and if you call her Ozzy ill send yah something that will make anthrax look like itching powder
smile_m_32.gif
)

IMG_0121.jpg

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]i think you and the other gal would get along famously.......either that or she would kill you, bout a 50/50 shot

Those are better odds than I got now. I'll take the risk.

LMAO! come on up.............her current boyfriend is on the small and drunk side, i think you could slide in. she has sent more than a few off crying for mommy though...................

There is a lot of dangerous language goin' on around here.
confused.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]She's been to Ozzyland a couple of times

Its so sad. You are hallucinating again. And Bugweed seems to have made off with his meds and yours too. I wouldn't let people know about your...condition. I was keeping it a secret.
confused.gif

Back