What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

P. primuliflora turns yellow?

Hi,

One of my P. primuliflora's turning yellow at the edges on the older leaves. This was after I started putting it under stronger lights. Do people know if they put out a yellowish hue when exposed to higher light intensity? Or are the older leaves just dying? Thanks.

Johnny

P. primuliflora should be kept outside in most places. Mine loves full sun, so I don't think it's necessarily brightness that is the problem. In full sun, my plant is a yellowish-green, kind of a lime color. What is it potted in? What's your watering regimine like?
~Joe

hey, sorry for not getting back sooner.

I've tried growing them outside in this hot Houston weather and they've grown well 2 years ago, but this season all of my efforts have led to them burning to crisp or rotting away.  It's more controllable for me to have them inside terrariums or on windowsills.  In any case, I think the yellowing is just older leaves dying off.  

I had one pot growing uncovered near the windowsill that I've recently moved into the terrarium and it had flowered 2 stalks since then.  I tried moving it back out, but it started withering from the dryness so I put it right back in the terrarium for now.  It's so hard to get them to adapt when you got an AC vent blowing directly towards them.  Thanks.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (SpyCspider @ Aug. 02 2006,6:59)]P. primuliflora's turning yellow at the edges on the older leaves.
Older leaves are supposed to gradually die giving place to new, younger leaves. Its when the new, younger leaves begin to die that you have problems.

Back