What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

mutant vtf's

ive seen some mutant vft like cuptraps and other.

where is it from? botanic lab or something?

how do they make it?

a propagation technique called tissue culture is used to mass produce CPs. hormones and vitamin solution make a gel like substance that make them grow. an inbalance of these hormons or vitamins cause mutation... almost every VFT form you see now is a result of these mutations.
Alex

EDIT: PS- i have two VFTs both from walmart, both from TC(tissue culture) and both bought at the same time. they looked exactly the same...then one made a starteling turn for the unusual. this one started as flat lying with box shaped traps...now it is upright, traps are more normal and all reddness is gone... the normal one is still the exact same as it was. i have noticed recently though that not all the reddness is gone, it still has a very very VERY light pink color to it. i guess these mutations can just happen later on in the plants life.
Alex

Back